School of Computer Science and Information Technology
The School of Computer Science and Information Technology is internationally recognised for research and one of Australia’s largest and most industry-focused program providers in the field of ICT.
- RMIT among the world's best 27/02/2014RMIT University has been ranked among the world's top 100 universities in four key subject areas in the new Quacquarelli Symonds rankings.
- Exchange student publishes Vietnam survival guide 03/02/2014An RMIT University student has published a survival guide for exchange students going to Vietnam.
- RMIT data academics fly the flag with Google Research Award 29/01/2014Two data researchers at RMIT University are Australia’s sole representatives in the Summer 2013 funding round from global web giant Google.
- CSIT Seminar: Technology supported tutorial based learning 14/03/2014ViLLE is a collaborative education platform developed at the University of Turku in Finland. In this talk Dr. Mikko-Jussi Laakso, leader of the team developing ViLLE, will give an overview of the platform, describing how it is lowering student dropout rates and increasing pass rates. He will show how the platform is encouraging active learning and how collaboration with ViLLE tutorials is highly beneficial for learning.
- CSIT School Seminar Metamorphic testing - A light-weight yet effective approach to test result verification 28/03/2014Metamorphic testing is a testing approach which uses metamorphic relations to help verify the correctness of a program. In this talk, Dr. Huai Liu, who has recently joined RMIT's School of Computer Science and IT, will present the current state of play in metamorphic testing and discuss future research directions.
- CSIT School Seminar From 'what-if' to 'how-to': a reverse perspective on data management 02/04/2014Dr. Alexandra Meliou will be speaking about a challenge previously not addressed by existing data management systems, specifically, how to modify datasets to conform to certain desirable properties, specified as high-level declarative constraints. She will present and discuss a new database system, and then tackle the bigger vision of reverse data management.
Semester 1 2014