The University committee structure has been created to effectively bring together and use the knowledge, skills and experience of a number of individuals from a range of backgrounds.
The purpose, powers and membership of the committees are defined in their terms of reference. This page lists the University committees and links to information about their membership and terms of reference.
Council committees are constituted by Council and have specific powers and responsibilities delegated to them.
- Audit and Risk Management Committee
- Nominations, Remuneration and People Committee
- Infrastructure and Information Technology Committee
- Trusts and Philanthropy Committee
The Academic Board is derived from the RMIT Act 2010 and reports to Council. The committees below have been established by the Academic Board.
- Education Committee
- Research Committee
Vice-Chancellors Executive sub-committees
These committees are chaired by the Vice-Chancellor or a member of the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive (VCE) or their nominee.
- Academic Promotions Committee
- Bundoora Campus Advisory Committee
- Equity and Diversity Committee
- Information Communication Technology Strategy Committee
- Intellectual Property Committee
- Major Projects Committee (staff login)
- Planning and Resources Committee
- Student Experience Advisory Committee
- Sustainability Committee
Statutory/regulatory standing committees
The composition and operation of these committees is governed by University Statutes and Regulations
- Program Advisory Committees (staff login)
- Academic Colleges Regulations
- Student-Staff Consultative Committees