Belinda Tynan is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education and Vice-President.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education is accountable to the Vice-Chancellor for the academic performance of the University through effective leadership of the relevant organisational units. The DVC(E) has responsibility for the quality and overall design of academic programs, student administration and services, academic performance (including promotion); updating of teaching pedagogy, delivery mechanisms and learning resources; and student access, including the Ngarara Willim Centre. As a member of the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive, the DVC(E) will actively contribute to RMIT strategic planning, in particular education and student services planning.
Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education and Vice-President is supported by the Office of Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education which is responsible for:
- Advice to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) related to academic strategy, planning and quality
- Strategic planning and resource management for the Education Portfolio
- Leadership for business plan and major projects focussing in particular on the management of programs, profile and quality, student cohort experience and international academic policy development
- Coordination of communications to deliver an integrated approach to communication with current students across all media channels including myRMIT and internal communications for the Portfolio
- Secretariat services for committees chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
- Administrative support for the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
- Academic Registrar’s Group
- Office of Dean, Learning and Teaching
- Office of Dean, Students
- University Library
Building 1, Level 3
Tel. +61 3 9925 2595