The Academic Registrar’s Group (ARG) supports the core activities relating to the RMIT student lifecycle - from admissions through to graduation.
What we do
Our mission is to deliver, in partnership with the RMIT University community, academic policies, systems and services that support teaching, learning and research within a quality management framework.
The Academic Registrar's Group (ARG) is part of the Education Portfolio.
Our work supports the core University activities that relate to the student lifecycle of:
- academic policies and compliance
- program and course approval
- student records administration
- student complaints
- assessment and examinations
The Academic Registrar’s Group (ARG) employs more than 170 staff responsible for delivering academic policies, systems and services that support teaching, learning and research within a quality management framework.
The Office of the Academic Registrar leads and supports the ARG’s key work areas by providing expertise in academic planning, project management, finance and communications.
Key work areas
There are three key work areas within the ARG in Melbourne:
- Academic Policy and Governance - responsible for policy development, interpretation and implementation, including assessment support and management of University complaints.
- Student Administration - responsible for the central student administrative functions of the University and supports the academic portfolios in the delivery of quality administration.
- Student Systems and Processes - provides systems support to business processes, including help with configuration, compliance and documentation.
Contact the Office of the Academic Registrar
Building 88, Level 8, Room 1
Phone: +61 3 9925 8609