Providing leadership in the development and implementation of strategic university initiatives in learning and teaching.
The Office of Dean Learning and Teaching supports the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Education) through the effective development and renewal of policy in the learning and teaching area, the enhancement of curriculum design and delivery and the effective use online technologies to achieve the goals set out in the Strategic Plan.
Working with the Deputy Pro Vice Chancellors (L&T), the Academic Development Groups in the colleges and the service areas of the University the Office of Dean Learning and Teaching:
- Drives learning and teaching at a university-wide level
- Provides leadership in the implementation of learning and teaching policy
- Provides leadership and pedagogical support for online education, including the coordination of Open Universities Australia (OUA) strategic projects
- Leads the development of a flexible and sustainable approach to program design and renewal for a global University
- Provides professional development opportunities to support learning and teaching for staff
- Strengthens the strategic use of technology in learning and teaching, through assessing, reviewing and prioritising the use of educational technologies in RMIT programs globally
- Initiates cross university activities that seek to build external relationships to enable increased sharing of knowledge and innovations.
In addition, the Office provides assistance and advice on university-wide learning and teaching initiatives and projects, including the Learning and Teaching Investment Fund (LTIF) and the Office for Learning and Teaching grants, awards and teaching fellowships.
Contact the office
Building 57, Level 6, Room 20
Phone: +61 3 9925 8308