The Research Office supports research practice at RMIT. We provide services to academic staff, support staff and University leadership teams.
Our primary objective is to enhance the capability, quality and impact of research at RMIT.
What we do
The services provided by the teams within the Research Office include:
- Attracting funding – we identify and communicate research funding opportunities
- Managing funding – we support for the successful management of research projects
- Fostering research partnerships – we identify, develop and facilitate research partnerships and collaborations
- Handling contracts and intellectual property – we negotiate, approve and manage research contracts and support the development of commercialisation opportunities
- Advising on research integrity and governance – we support the responsible conduct of research, oversee ethics approval processes and develop and maintain research policy and associated governance
- Encouraging professional development – we coordinate research-related professional development programs, forums and networks such as the Early Career Network and Research Fellows Network
- Monitoring research systems and reporting – the collection, analysis and reporting of research activity.
The Research Office also focuses on building RMIT's research culture and capability through strategic planning and reporting, strategic funding initiatives, business process improvement and strategy implementation.
Major projects and initiatives
The primary objective of the Research Office is to promote the strategic vision RMIT’s research activity. We undertake projects that support the achievement of RMIT’s research goals, particularly relating to RMIT’s engagement within the global research community and facilitating our connections with research partners in industry and the community.
The Research Office supports research activity and practice at RMIT through service-oriented teams: