RMIT is leading the next generation of manufacturing through industry-focused research.
Advanced manufacturing technologies are key enablers in modern manufacturing and play a significant role in increasing the efficiency, competitiveness and profitability of the industry.
Our researchers and partners adopt a collaborative approach to undertake applied industry focused research.
RMIT’s Advanced Manufacturing Precinct supports our research through the provision of leading-edge equipment and technologies.
The powerful combination of in-house expertise and ready access to leading edge equipment allow our researchers and designers to lead the next generation of manufacturing and deliver innovative solutions across a number of sectors including automotive, aerospace, machinery, tooling, medical, instrumentation and high-performance textiles.
Current research areas include:
- computer integrated manufacturing including automation, systems integration, computer numerically controlled manufacturing
- custom to commercialisation
- design to production
- early prototyping to production
- niche manufacturing capability
- product and material testing
Institutes, centres and facilities
- Platform Technologies Research Institute
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
- Advanced Manufacturing Precinct
- Professor Alireza Bab-Hadiashar
- Professor Milan Brandt
- Professor John Mo
- Professor Ma Qian
- Professor Mike Xie