Projects undertaken by Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) researchers in the School of Engineering.
- Innovative tools to improve station design and management of pedestrian crowds (Australian Research Council Industry Linkage Project LP120200361, 2012-2015).
- Urban network evacuation (in collaboration with Hokkaido University, Japan)
- Passenger congestion management (in collaboration with Southeast University, China)
- Transit capacity, quality and level of service
- Development of modelling tool for crowd management (version 1.6 has been already developed by Dr Shiwakoti and is being used at RMIT and Monash University)
Smart technology solutions
- Human machine interface
- System dynamics
Next generation air traffic management systems
ITS researchers have established collaborations with THALES Australia in the area of next generation air traffic management (ATM) systems. The thrust areas include:
- dynamic airspace management (DAM)
- air traffic flow management (ATFM)
- advanced ground/airborne systems for 4-dimensional trajectory prediction, negotiation and validation (4PNV) systems