The world needs you to be a leader in creating vibrant, liveable and resilient cities for the future.
With Melbourne’s population moving beyond four million, significant challenges and opportunities for planning, designing and managing our city arise.
How will you help urban environments adapt to meet the future needs of our population?
Win up to $500.
1st prize: Urban Futures Award and $500
2nd prize: Urban Futures Award and $300
3rd prize: Urban Futures Award and $200
4th prize: Urban Futures Award and $100
Provide a photo or image to communicate an identified urban problem and explain your ideas for a solution in 200-300 words.
How to enter
The competition is open to Year 10, 11 and 12 Victorian secondary school students only. Entries close midnight Sunday 28 August, 2016.
Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
The best entries will be shortlisted, with winners announced at the Urban Futures Awards ceremony at the RMIT University City Campus on:
Wednesday 14 September, 2016.
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter is part of the terms and conditions of the competition.
- Entrants must be currently studying year 10, 11 or 12 VCE or IB (in Victoria) in 2016.
- Entry is open from 9 May 2016 and closes 12.00 am midnight, 28 August 2016. Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos or images and text must be your own work. Images must be submitted as a JPG (save/name file as your name) with a maximum file size of 1MB. Text can be submitted as Word documents or in the body text of an email. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries will be judged by RMIT staff (or nominee).
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in the competition.
- All category winners will be notified by email by 5 September 2015.
- First prize and runners up category winners will be announced at the awards ceremony.
- Prizes will be available for collection at the awards ceremony on Wednesday 14 September 2016. The total prize pool is $1100. Unclaimed prizes will go into the prize pool for the 2016 competition.
- By entering this competition, you grant permission for competition images and text to be used for marketing and promotional purposes by RMIT University.
- Parent/guardian attendance at the awards ceremony is highly recommended.