Are you a geography champion who wants to create beautiful and functional places for people to live?
The world needs you to be a leader in creating vibrant, liveable and resilient cities for the future.
With Melbourne’s population moving beyond four and a half million, significant challenges and opportunities for planning, designing and managing our city arise.
How will you help urban environments adapt to meet the future needs of our population?
Win up to $600.
1st prize: Urban Futures Award and $500
2nd prize: Urban Futures Award and $300
3rd prize: Urban Futures Award and $200
4th prize: Urban Futures Award and $100
350 Australia prize (for best climate-related entry): Urban Futures Award and $100
Bicycle Network Prize (for best bike-related entry): POC helmet and Reid Cycle Lights
Provide a photo or image to communicate an identified urban problem and explain your ideas for a solution in 200-300 words.
How to enter
The competition is open to Year 10, 11 and 12 Victorian secondary school students only. Entries close 11.59pm Sunday 27th August, 2017.
Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The best entries will be shortlisted, with winners announced at the Urban Futures Awards ceremony at the RMIT University City Campus on: Wednesday 20th September, 2017.
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter is part of the terms and conditions of the competition.
- Entrants must be currently studying year 10, 11 or 12 VCE or IB (in Victoria) in 2017.
- Entries open May 29th 2017, and close 11.59pm Sunday 27th August
2017. Entries must be emailed to email@example.com
- Photos or images and text must be your own work. Images must be submitted as a JPG (save/name file as your name) with a maximum file size of 1MB. Text can be submitted as Word documents or in the body text of an email. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries will be judged by RMIT staff (or nominee).
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in the competition.
- All short-listed entries will be notified by email by COB 5th September 2017.
- First prize, runners up and individual category prizes will be announced at the prize ceremony.
- Prizes will be available for collection at the awards ceremony on Wednesday 20th September. The total prize pool is $1200 at this stage. Unclaimed prizes will go into the prize pool for the 2018 competition.
- By entering this competition, you grant permission for competition images and text to be used for marketing and promotional purposes by RMIT University and the UFC award sponsors.
- Parent/guardian attendance at the awards ceremony is highly recommended. While all RMIT student-facing staff are required to have a valid Working With Children Check, other attendees may not.