Publications in the research area of comparative endocrinology in the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences.
- Henderson, M.A, Danks, J.A., Moseley, J.M., Slavin, J.L., Harris, T.L., McKinlay, M.R., Grill, V., Hopper, J.L. and Martin, T.J. Parathyroid hormone-related protein production by breast cancers associated with improved survival and reduction in bone metastases. J. Natl. Cancer Inst., 93:234-237, 2001. (IF: 13.844, cited 37)
- Trivett, M.K., Walker, T.I., Macmillan, D.L., Clement, J.G., Martin T.J. and Danks, J.A. Parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) production sites in elasmobranchs. J.Anat, 201:41-52, 2002. (IF: 2.072, cited 4)
- Danks, J.A., Ho, P.M.W., Notini, A.J., Katsis, F., Hoffmann, P., Kemp, B.E., Martin T.J. and Zajac, J.D. Identification of a parathyroid hormone in the fish, Fugu rubripes. J. Bone Miner. Res., 18:1326-1331, 2003. (IF: 6.043, cited 25)
- Hogan B.M., Danks, J.A., Layton, J.E., Hall, N.E., Heath J.K. and Lieschke, G.J. Duplicate zebrafish pth genes are expressed in the lateral line and central nervous system during embryogenesis. Endocrinology, 146:547-551, 2005. (IF: 5.063, cited 10) This paper was featured in the News and Views section of the journal.
- Trivett M.K., Potter I.C., Power G., Zhou H., Macmillan D.L., Martin T.J. and Danks J.A. Parathyroid hormone related protein (PTHrP) production in the lamprey Geotria australis: developmental and evolutionary perspectives. Development, Genes and Evolution 215: 553-563, 2005. (IF:2.266, cited 2)
- Martin T.J.,Danks J.A. and Henderson M.J. Parathyroid hormone-related protein and bone metastases. In “Textbook on Bone Metastases“ eds. Jasmin C., Capanna R., Coleman R.E., Coia L.R, Salliant G., John Wiley and Sons Chichester UK, pp 27-41, 2005.
- Henderson, M.A, Danks, J.A., Slavin, J.L., Byrnes, G.B., Choong, P.F.M., Spillane, J.B., Hopper, J.L. and Martin, T.J. Parathyroid hormone-related protein localization in breast cancers predict improved prognosis: verification from a long-term prospective study. Cancer Research 66:2250-2256, 2006. (IF: 8.649, cited 21)
- McManus, J.F., Doust, E.A., Davey R.A., MacLean,H.E., Ma C., Sims, N.A., Bouxsein, M.L., Glatt, V., Zajac, J.D. and Danks, J.A. Intermittent Fugu parathyroid hormone 1 (1-34) is an anabolic bone agent in young male rats and osteopenic ovariectomized rats. Bone.42:1164-1174, 2008. (IF: 3.829, cited 1)
- Danks, J.A and Zajac, J.D. The parathyroid gland: from fish to man. Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension 17:353-357, 2008 (IF: 4.137)
- Inoue, J.G., Miya, M., Lam, K., Tay, B-H., Danks, J.A., Bell, J., Walker, T.I., Venkatesh, B. (2010)Evolutionary origin and phylogeny of the modern holocephalans (Chondrichthyes: Chimaeriformes): A mitogenomic perspective. Molecular Biology and Evolution, 27:2576-2586, 2010 (IF: 9.782)
- Liu, Y., Ibrahim, A.S., Tay, B-H., Richardson, S.J., Walker, T.I., Bell, J., Brenner, S., Venkatesh, B. and Danks, J.A. Parathyroid gene family presence in a cartilaginous fish, the elephant shark (Callorhinchus milli) J. Bone Miner. Res., 25:2337-2347 (IF: 6.043)
- Danks, J.A., D’Souza, D.G., Gunn, H.J., Milley, K. M., Richardson, S.J. Evolution of the parathyroid hormone gene family and skeletal formation pathways. Gen. Comp. Endocrinol. 170:79-91, 2011 (IF: 1.736) (invited review for 50th Anniversary edition of the journal)
- Danks, J.A. and Richardson S.J. Endocrinology and evolution: Lessons from comparative endocrinology. In “Oxford Textbook of Endocrinology“, ed Wass J.H., Oxford University Press, Oxford. 2nd edn, 2011