Publications in the research area of gut neuroscience in the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences.
Selected publications (2013 - current)
For a complete list of publications, please see Google Scholar.
- Diezmos EF, Sandow SL, Perera DS, King DW, Bertrand PP, Liu L. Pannexin-2 is expressed in the human colon with extensive localization in the enteric nervous system. Neurogastroenterol Motil 2015; 27 (5), 672-683.
- Chan YL, Saad S, Simar D, et al. Short term exendin-4 treatment reduces markers of metabolic disorders in female offspring of obese rat dams. Int J Dev Neurosci 2015; 46: 67-75.
- Bertrand PP, Polglaze KE, Ball A. We know too little about probiotics to proclaim their virtues. The Conversation 2015; Published on 13 January.
- Bertrand PP, Walduck AE. Bugs as treatment: coming to a clinic near you.... The Conversation 2014; Published on 17 October.
- Bertrand PP, Polglaze KE, Bertrand RL, Sandow SL, Pozo MJ. Detection of melatonin production from the intestinal epithelium using electrochemical methods. Curr Pharm Des 2014; 20.
- Bertrand PP. Good vs bad bacteria: the bugs responsible for Crohn's disease. The Conversation 2014; Published on 14 March.
- Bertrand PP. Life on Us: a close-up look at the bugs that call us home. The Conversation 2014; Published on 25 April.
- Wang K, Bertrand RL, Senadheera S, et al. Motility changes induced by intraluminal FeSO4 in guinea pig jejunum. Neurogastroenterol Motil 2013; Dec 15.
- Senadheera S, Bertrand PP, Grayson TH, et al. Enhanced contractility in pregnancy is associated with augmented TRPC3, L- and T-type voltage-dependent calcium channel function in rat uterine radial artery. Am J Physiol 2013; 305: R917-R926.
- Senadheera S, Bertrand PP, Grayson TH, Leader L, Murphy TV, Sandow SL. Pregnancy-induced remodelling and enhanced EDH-type vasodilator activity in rat uterine radial artery are associated with increased TRPV4 and caveolae, but decreased myoendothelial gap junction density. J Anat 2013; 223: 677-686.
- Grayson TH, Chadha PS, Bertrand PP, et al. Increased caveolae density and caveolin-1 expression accompany impaired NO-mediated vasorelaxation in diet-induced obesity. Histochem Cell Biol 2013; 39: 309-321.
- Diezmos EF, Sandow SL, Markus I, et al. Expression and localisation of pannexin-1 hemichannels in human colon in health and disease. Neurogastroenterol Motil 2013; 25: e395-405.
- Bertrand PP. Obesity and plasticity: How your gut learns to deal with your diet. J Physiol (Lond) 2013; 591: 4955.
- Bertrand PP. Explainer: what is inflammatory bowel disease? The Conversation 2013; Published 24 July 2013.