The School of Science attracts esteemed experts and researchers from around the world and has strong partnerships with industry and international collaborators.
Working collaboratively – and across disciplines – our researchers apply their skills and expertise to forge future-focused solutions in all aspects of our lives. While we have long been renowned for our technical expertise, today our researchers are also trained in the commercial realities facing different industry sectors. We strive to produce well-rounded experts, scientific collaborators and problem-solvers.
Research is conducted in three key discipline areas:
Research centres and groups
Our researchers are active and leading members in a range of RMIT research centres, groups and wider research collaborations:
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Health Innovations and Research Institute (HIRI)
- Information Security and Network Science Research Group
- Theoretical and Quantum Physics Research Group
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment (SPACE) Research Centre
The school hosts the RMIT Data Analytics Lab and our researchers are also involved in the Australia-India Research Centre for Automation Software Engineering (AICAUSE).
We offer facilities that include custom-built centres, designed to accommodate emerging fields of research, attract industry partners, drive innovation and support our multi-disciplinary approach to tackling problems.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Facility
- RMIT Microscopy and Microanalysis Facility
- RMIT Vibrational Spectroscopy Facility
- Separation Science and Mass Spectrometry Facility
- X-Ray Facility
Find out about our postgraduate research programs.