The School of Science supports an active industry-based research program with state-of-the-art research facilities.
We have a joint relationship with the University of Twente in the Netherlands. Mathematical and geospatial sciences PhD candidates who complete their program under this arrangement spend time studying in both Melbourne and the Netherlands and graduate with a double badged qualification.
The Australian Technology Network Doctoral Training Centre located at RMIT trains graduates in mathematical or statistical techniques, modelling methodologies and communication and business skills for future employment in Australian industry.
For past theses and links to the full publications please visit the RMIT Research Repository.
Postgraduate research degrees
- Master of Applied Science (Health & Medical Physics)
- Master of Science (Applied Biology & Biotechnology)
- Master of Science (Applied Chemistry)
- Master of Science (Applied Physics)
- Master of Science (Computer Science)
- Master of Science (Food Science)
- Master of Science (Geospatial Sciences)
- Master of Science (Mathematical Sciences)
- PhD (Applied Biology & Biotechnology)
- PhD (Applied Chemistry)
- PhD (Applied Physics)
- PhD (Computer Science)
- PhD (Food Science)
- PhD (Geospatial Sciences)
- PhD (Mathematical Sciences)
How to apply
- RMIT postgraduate research scholarships
- Computing and information technology research scholarships
- Science research scholarships
- PhD scholarships in computer science and IT
- PhD top-up scholarships in information retrieval
- PhD top-up scholarship in mathematical sciences or geospatial sciences
Additional income for computing and information technology research students
Research students may also earn additional income by undertaking sessional teaching or paid research programming projects, if available. Opportunities for paid programming are usually made available via the supervisor. Students should not plan on working more than a maximum of 10 hours per week. A research candidate interested in undertaking tutoring must first seek approval from their Senior Supervisor before applying. Please apply through Webtute.
If you have an inquiry about studying a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) in our school, please contact the relevant HDR Coordinator.