RMIT University is ranked among the top 15 universities in Australia and is 21st in the world among universities less than 50 years old.
- Among the top 15 universities in Australia*
- 34th in the world for the international profile of the University's academic staff*
- 93rd in the world for employer reputation*
- Among the world's top 100 universities in Art and Design; Architecture; Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Computer Science; and Business and Management Studies (2015 QS World University Rankings by Subject)
- 21st in the world among universities less than 50 years old (2015 QS Top 50 Under 50 index).
*2015 QS World University Rankings
QS World University Rankings are published annually by Quacquarelli Symonds, a British company specialising in education and study abroad. QS rankings are among the most influential and widely observed international university rankings.
In the inaugural QS Graduate Employability Rankings released in 2015, RMIT was ranked fourth in Australia and 56th in the world on the basis of reputation among employers, alumni outcomes, partnerships with employers, employers’ presence on campus and graduate employment rate.
RMIT is a QS 5-Star university. This rating groups us with the world's leading universities for excellence in higher education.
The QS Stars international evaluation system rates universities world-wide on a range of performance indicators including teaching, facilities, infrastructure, internationalisation, engagement and student employability. Universities are awarded a rating from 0 to 5 Stars, based on the number of points achieved through the evaluation.