You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification).
Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or at least 20 in English other than EAL.
If you are not studying year 12 in 2016 you must submit a personal statement outlining:
- your reasons for wanting to study this program
- your intended career path
- your personal strengths and attributes relevant to the program
- details of any related work or voluntary experience.
Applicants studying year 12 in 2016, or who do not submit a personal statement, will be considered on the basis of academic achievement e.g. ATAR.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 60% average.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Statement: You must include with your application a statement explaining the reasons for wanting to study the course. If you have work experience in fashion and textiles merchandising or other relevant areas you must include those details in your application.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.0 (with no individual band below 5.5)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 550 (TWE 4.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 79 (with minimum of 19 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 50 (with no communication band less than 42)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 169 with no less than 162 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.