Current Year 12 prerequisite units 3 and 4 - a study score of at least 25 in English (ESL) or at least 20 in any other English and a study score of at least 20 in Mathematical Methods (CAS).
Non-Year 12 applicants must complete and submit a VTAC Personal Statement online if they wish other information to be considered.
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Higher Mathematics; or VCE Units 3 and 4 in Mathematical Methods (CAS), with a study score of at least 20.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.0 (with no individual band below 5.5)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 550 (TWE 4.0)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 79 (with minimum of 19 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 50 (with no communication band less than 42)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 169 with no less than 162 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.