You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification).
Units 3 and 4–a study score of at least 35 in English (any).
All applicants not currently studying year 12 (or equivalent) must complete and submit the VTAC Personal Statement by 6 November, 2016.
Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of news and current affairs (citing relevant examples); the importance of developing skills across industry sectors of Journalism, Media Production, Public Relations and Advertising; as well as reasons for wanting to study the course and any relevant work experience.
If you completed year 12 (or equivalent) more than 6 months before commencing proposed study you must include in your application a statement that outlines:
- your reasons for wanting to study this program
- your awareness of news and current affairs (citing relevant examples)
- the importance of developing skills across industry sectors of Journalism, Media Production, Public Relations and Advertising
- details of any work experience
Applicants who do not submit a personal statement will be considered on the basis of academic achievement e.g. ATAR
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 70% average.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
Statement: If you have completed an Australian Year 12 or equivalent senior secondary school studies, or RMIT Foundation Studies program more than 12 months ago, you must include with your application a statement outlining reasons for wanting to study Public Relations, details of any prior experience in the industry, and demonstrate awareness of the current media landscape, its evolution, and its effect on the public relations industry.
Interview: You may be interviewed, either in person or via phone/Skype.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.