You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 senior secondary certificate of education or equivalent.
Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of any Mathematics or
Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in any Mathematics; and a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL.
If you completed year 12 (or equivalent) more than 6 months before commencing proposed study you must include in your application a statement that outlines:
- your reasons for wanting to study this program
- details of any related work or voluntary experience
Applicants who do not submit a direct application statement will be considered on the basis of academic achievement (e.g. ATAR).
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 65% average.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post-secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
VCE Units 1 and 2 in two units (any study combination) of any Mathematics; or
VCE Units 3 and 4 in any Mathematics.
Statement: If you are a non-year 12 applicant, you must submit a statement as part of your application explaining your reasons for wanting to study the course and include details of any relevant work or other experience.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 6.5 (with no individual band below 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 580 (TWE 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 92 (with minimum of 20 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 58 (with no communication band less than 50)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 176 with no less than 169 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.