There are no minimum requirements.
If you completed Year 12 (or equivalent) more than 6 months before commencing proposed study you must include in your application:
- a statement that outlines your reasons for wanting to study this program
- details of any related work or voluntary experience
If you do not submit a statement you will be considered on the basis of academic achievement (eg ATAR).
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 (or equivalent senior secondary school qualification) with a minimum 50% average.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary Diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
English language requirements
To study this program you will need to complete one of the following English proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic): minimum overall band of 5.5 (with no individual band below 5.0)
- TOEFL (Paper Based Test): minimum score of 530 (TWE 3.5)
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum overall score of 71 (with minimum of 17 in all sections)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum score of 42 (with no communication band less than 36)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 162 with no less than 154 in any component.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements and equivalency information.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Upper Intermediate Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.