Statement of academic completion (SAC)
A statement of academic completion (SAC) is a statement that confirms you have completed all academic requirements of your program. It is not your official RMIT testamur – it is a separate document that you have the option to apply for (charges apply).
You may need a SAC if:
- you are applying for Permanent Residency in Australia
- you need to prove your study start and end dates for visa requirements
- you are applying for entry to a professional association
- you are applying for General Skilled Migration (GSM).
A SAC cannot be produced until your school has confirmed that you have completed your program of study in the Student Completions System. After this it may take two to five working days before your award level is visible on the Graduation database. Once your award level is visible you will be sent an email requesting payment for your SAC. A payment email will not be sent, and a SAC not produced, if you owe a financial debt to the University.
The standard processing time for a SAC is five to 10 working days from the time your school confirms your completion. It may take longer than 10 working days to process your SAC if there is an issue with your academic record.
If an award level is not visible on the Graduation database more than five working days after you believe your school has confirmed you as complete, please contact your school in the first instance.
To view samples of statements of academic completion refer to
How to apply
If you are completing your program you can order a SAC when you apply to graduate.
If you have already graduated you can apply for a SAC as follows:
- Degree and vocational education diploma and above students (excluding trainees and apprentices) – log on to the Graduation database and complete the online form.
- Vocational education certificate I–IV students and trainees and apprentices – contact your school.
- Master by research and PhD students – contact the School of Graduate Research.
- If you graduated before 2001 email to email@example.com to order a SAC.
The cost for a SAC is $20 per copy. This charge does not apply to vocational education certificate I–IV students, apprentices and trainees, or Master by research/PhD students.
When your SAC application is ready for payment you will receive a notification email with complete payment instructions. Please wait to receive the notification email before organising payment for your SAC.
Note: If you request to have your SAC sent to an overseas address there is an additional charge of $25 for postage.
- Pay by phone using your credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) via the Hub on +61 3 9925 8980.
- Pay in person at the Hub on your campus by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) or EFTPOS.
- Pay online by credit card (Visa or Master Card only) through the Graduation Database.
Personal cheques and cash are not accepted.
If you request to collect your SAC from the Hub and you are unable to collect it in person, you may ask a proxy to collect your SAC on your behalf. You and your proxy must complete the Academic Statements Proxy collection form. Your proxy must present this completed form along with their own personal photo identification (e.g. driver license, student card, passport or other official photo ID) at the Hub to collect your SAC.