Library account and renewals
Checking your borrowing record
RMIT students and Staff
- Select the My Account option from the top menu
- Login with your RMIT NDS details. ( Do not use your Library Barcode )
- Don’t forget to log out
- You can also check by phone or in person.
CAVAL and Special Borrowers
- Your login details have changed. Please contact the Library for your new login procedure.
- Ask a Librarian or Phone 99252020
Blocks on a borrower's record
If at any time your library record has a block, it may be because you have overdue items, or the total of your outstanding library fines is above $25 for students, and $50 for staff. Further information on overdue fines is available.
You can renew your items, provided
- There are no holds placed on these items,
- You have not reached your renewal limit:
- RMIT students and staff - 20 renewals.
- CAVAL borrowers - 3 renewals.
- And your accrued fine is less than $25.00 for students, or $50.00 for staff.
Go to the My Account option in LibrarySearch (see above for login instructions).
Check the status to make sure that the items have been renewed. If there are holds placed on any of the items you have on loan, these items will not be renewed and must be returned by the due date.
When the renewal limit has been reached, you will notice an alert message at the top of the page in the online renewal screen. The item must then be returned by the due date.
Call the service desk at any Library site.
In person renewals
Present your card (e.g. student, staff, CAVAL or special borrower), or student/staff number to a staff member at the service desk in the Library. Note that you do not need to bring the items to the Library to renew them. Just have your card or student/staff number with you.
Overdue items can be renewed as long as they have not been placed on hold. However, renewals on overdue items cannot be done online, they can only be renewed in person or over the phone.
You may find that there is a fine after you renew an overdue item. Overdue items accrue a charge of 50 cents per day. This charge is calculated and applied to your record when the overdue items are returned or renewed.
You will no longer be able to renew if you accrue a fine equal to or greater than $25.00 for students, and equal to or greater than $50.00 for staff.