School of Applied Sciences
The School of Applied Sciences has a strong reputation for research and teaching in fundamental science and advanced molecular technologies.
We are one of RMIT's top performing research schools. Our research strengths include: nanotechnology and advanced materials; computational modelling; industrial, medicinal / natural product, food and polymer chemistry; environmental chemistry and biology; plant biotechnology; environmental and medical microbiology; and occupational health and safety. We deliver high-quality teaching programs and innovative research that addresses 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda, while inspiring students to pursue careers in science.
- New PhD scholarships to support RMIT research 01/09/2014A new prestigious Vice-Chancellor's PhD Scholarship scheme at RMIT will support high-performance training of top doctoral researchers.
- Research into silver and bacteria awarded ARC funding 25/07/2014Research to better understand silver resistance in bacteria has received $880,000 in funding from the Australian Research Council.
- Proven innovator in higher education to head RMIT University 10/07/2014RMIT Chancellor, Dr Ziggy Switkowski AO, is pleased to announce the appointment of Martin Bean as Vice-Chancellor and President of RMIT.
- Science in the City 22/09/2014The School of Applied Sciences is offering students, parents and teachers the opportunity to visit our state-of-the-art learning laboratories.
- Science and medical sciences postgrad information session 15/10/2014Speak with RMIT representatives about your postgraduate study options in science and medical sciences.
A world of possibilities
Higher Education Studies for VCE