Health Innovations Research Institute
The Health Innovations Research Institute (HIRi) connects diverse health and industry communities to more effectively address the changing needs of biomedical research and society.
We translate new scientific knowledge into safe and effective therapeutic outcomes to improve the health and wellbeing of people in Australia and around the world.
We connect diverse health modalities, industry and community to address the health needs of our society. We are experts in biophysics, bioengineering, metabolism, exercise and disease, ion channels and transporters as therapeutic targets, and evidence-based traditional and complementary medicine.
Find out more about HIRi, including our facilities, industry partners and executive group.
Find out more about HIRi's key research themes and the researchers involved in these.
- RMIT lights up for Diwali 14/11/2014For the fifth consecutive year, RMIT students and staff have celebrated Diwali, the Indian festival of light.
- RMIT delivers $30 million boost to micro and nano-tech 01/09/2014A new $30 million research facility at RMIT University will drive cutting-edge advances in micro- and nano-technologies.
- Proven innovator in higher education to head RMIT University 10/07/2014RMIT Chancellor, Dr Ziggy Switkowski AO, is pleased to announce the appointment of Martin Bean as Vice-Chancellor and President of RMIT.
- HIRi Seminar Series - Dr Gyorgi Panyi 24/11/2014Dr Panyi will discuss the biochemical, structural and pharmacological features of Vm24, a natural peptide isolated from the Mexican scorpion, Vaejovis mexicanus smithi.
- HIRi Seminar Series- Associate Professor Peter Noakes 25/11/2014Associate Professor Peter Noakes from the University of Queensland will hold a seminar at the Health Innovations Research Institute’s 2014 Seminar Series, a range of discussions which will address key health issues.