Built environment, construction and infrastructure
RMIT University is a global university of technology and design with extensive expertise in the Built Environment, Construction and Infrastructure sector. The University is an Australian market leader in architecture, engineering-related technologies, creative arts and information technology. As the largest land-holder in Melbourne’s city centre, the University has received numerous awards for sustainable retrofitting of its historic landmark buildings along with the cutting edge design of newer premises. The 2011 Excellence in Research Australia publication ranked RMIT above world standard in Architecture, and Urban and Regional Planning.
RMIT hosts the Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute and a Global Cities Research Institute, focused on urban futures in the Asia Pacific. RMIT has made significant investment in the development of new facilities including the Advanced Manufacturing Precinct and the 12,000 square metre Design Hub, which provides space for industry to collaborate with the University on innovation and research across design-related disciplines.
Expertise in the Built Environment, Construction and Infrastructure sector includes:
- Innovative construction
- Development and testing of buildings and materials technologies
- Facilities and property management
- Project management and maintenance
- Urban planning and design
- Climate change adaptation
- Sustainable urban infrastructure, including green building design
- Spatial Informational Architecture
- Environmental engineering
Industry clients partnering with RMIT include:
- Baulderstone Hornibrook
- City of Melbourne
- Department of Sustainability and Environment (Victoria)
- John Holland Group
- Property Council of Australia
For information on partnering with RMIT in the built environment, construction and infrastructure sectors, contact the Industry Development team.
Please contact the Industry Development team for copies of the capability statements via email at email@example.com.