Aerospace and aviation
RMIT University is a global university of technology and design and has over 60 years experience in the aerospace and aviation sectors. We are a national leader in training, education and applied industry focused research. RMIT develops aerospace and aviation leaders and our suite of programs produce graduates who are equipped to be effective in their chosen industry in a wide range of roles and levels, including systems and aerospace engineers, maintenance officers, logistics specialists and commercial pilots.
RMIT’s Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Research Centre is Australia’s leading research centre in the sector and is the only university centre in Australia designated by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority for aircraft design and certification. The centre aims to create new intellectual property in partnership with industry, through research and design that addresses real world issues, for commercial use and development. RMIT’s Platform Technologies Research Institute adds further intellectual capital in aviation and aerospace research. RMIT also operates a Flight Training School at the Point Cook Airfield, where Australian and international students train in our 13-strong fleet of modern Cessna aircraft.
RMIT’s expertise in aerospace and aviation includes:
- Aircraft design and manufacturing, including computer assisted design
- Aircraft testing, including wind tunnels and modal analysis
- Flutter and vibration testing
- Civil Aviation testing and approval
- Aerospace structures and materials
- Through-life management technologies
- Dynamic aerospace systems, including unmanned air vehicle
Industry clients that have partnered with RMIT include:
- Boeing Australia
- GKN Aerospace Engineering Services
- BAE Systems Australia
- Lockheed Martin
- Australian Aerospace (Eurocopter)
- SAAB Aerospace
- Airbus Deutschland
- Australian Defence Forces
For information on partnering with RMIT in the aerospace and aviation sector, contact the Industry Engagement team.
Please contact the Industry Engagement team for copies of the capability statements via email at firstname.lastname@example.org