Graduate Diploma in Wellness
- Program code: GD169
- Campus: Online
Become a manager who's ready to lead the wellness revolution in this dynamic postgraduate program.
Wellness is now a trillion-dollar-plus industry demanding the need for highly skilled professionals. This diverse program will equip you with the qualifications and personal wellness skills required to be successful in this field.
1 year full-time or 2 years part-time.
Program structure and features
Learning and teaching
Delivery of the program is primarily online. Some elective courses require on-campus attendance but you are able to choose electives that are fully online. There’s a wide range of approved electives to choose from so that you can develop a specialisation.
The Graduate Diploma consists of (96 credit points).
Some elective courses require your attendance on-campus, but it's also possible to choose just online electives.
We offer a wide range of electives to help you develop your specialisation.
The following is an example of courses offered:
- Happiness and positive psychology
- Wellness practices and perspectives
- Wellness and lifestyle
- Wellness assessment and health analysis
- Wellness coaching
- Wellness project
- Aromatherapy for wellness
- Business in a global context
- Corporate and workplace wellness
- Food as medicine
- Foundations of narrative counselling
- Herbs and natural supplements
- Leading people and organisations
- Mindbody wellness
- Permaculture and sustainable living
- Spa and Hospitality Management Certificate (offered through UC Irvine)
- Sustainable energy policy and practice
- Yoga fundamentals.
Handbook (program guide)
To see what students are currently studying and to access additional program and course information, visit the program handbook (program guide).
Graduates find work in:
- the spa and wellness industry
- the complementary healthcare sector
- conventional healthcare and community health settings
- the corporate sector
- private practice as a wellness consultant.
RMIT has an articulation agreement with the University of California, Irvine which allows you to gain credit for satisfactory completion of their Spa and Hospitality Management Certificate (equivalent to an elective in the program).
You must meet the University entry requirements for this type of program.
If you satisfy the following requirements you will be eligible for selection; however, there is no guarantee that you will be selected as demand for the program varies each intake.
Program entry requirements
You must have successfully completed a Bachelor's degree (in any discipline). Note: This program is not available to international onshore students as online programs do not meet ESOS regulatory requirements.
How to apply
- Check the application dates to see when to apply
- Ensure you meet all of the entry requirements (see above section)
- Choose your application method and apply
- If applicable, complete the selection tasks for your program (see above section)
- For the best chance of success, submit your application by the deadline for timely applications.
This program is full fee paying only. Postgraduate tuition fees vary according to each program and are adjusted annually.
The following fee assistance is available for this program:
- FEE-HELP is an optional loan scheme that assists eligible full-fee paying students to pay all or part of their tuition fees.
Some courses attract additional expenses.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma you may be eligible to apply for a master by research program.
If you’ve selected and successfully completed MBA electives, you may be credited towards an RMIT MBA if an application is made within five years.
Although RMIT endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.