Art, fashion and textiles scholarships
Jennifer Bishop won a scholarship with her work, We’re on a Road to Nowhere. Photo: Mark Ashkanasy.
RMIT offers scholarships to students studying in art, design, fashion and textiles.
Certificate and diploma
- Wendy Royle Scholarship For first-year students in the RMIT Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration; worth a one-off payment of $1500.
- The Grathelms Scholarship For fourth year Bachelor of Fashion (Design) (Honours) students with outstanding academic performance and financial/educational disadvantage; worth $7000; applications are now closed.
- School of Art Honours Travelling Scholarships For local and international Fine Art Honours students demonstrating outstanding academic achievement; worth up to $3000; applications now closed.
- Marion Fletcher Fashion and Textiles Scholarship For commencing undergraduate fashion and textiles students; worth up to $7000 per annum; currently not taking applications.
- George Alexander Foundation Grant For second, third or fourth year financially disadvantaged bachelor degree students; worth $2500; applications are now closed.
- Gavin Teague Memorial Scholarship For local and international degree students enrolled in a Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) and can demonstrate artistic merit and a passion for continuing with the arts; worth up to $1300; applications are now closed.
Postgraduate by coursework
Find the coursework scholarship that suits your research.
Postgraduate by research
Find the research scholarship that’s right for you.
A.M.E. Bale Travelling Scholarship and Art Prize
For emerging Australian artists who have demonstrated talent and achievement in traditional styles. This a Biennial Award and closing dates vary.
AusArt Fellowship for Fine Arts
For a Masters or postgraduate student in Fine Arts or Curatorial Studies, to study in the United States. Applications close 30 April.
Marten Bequest Travelling Scholarships
For those who show great promise in the arts and literature. Applications close November.
RMIT Link Arts and Culture - Arts Funding
For student’s art projects, for individuals or groups. Applications close April and 1 August.