Global Studies at RMIT
Global Studies brings together outstanding and distinctive programs that focus on the transnational forces and the localised effects of globalisation.
We offer undergraduate programs and postgraduate coursework and research programs that are:
- Innovative in integrating studies of globalisation across professional, community and theoretical dimensions.
- Engaged in the processes, analysis and transformations of social development across the Asia-Pacific region; from consulting and evaluation, professional training, to policy development. Countries we focus on include Australia, Bangladesh, Botswana, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Malawi, Pakistan, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
- Respected with consistently high undergraduate demand, excellent professional reputation and employment outcomes at the postgraduate level, internationally distinguished research programs.
The Globalism Research Centre, an internationally recognised research centre is a key part of Global Studies. The Institute provides research supervision and expertise to postgraduate research students.
Programs and courses
Postgraduate by coursework
Postgraduate by research
- Master of Social Science (Global, Urban & Social Studies)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Global, Urban & Social Studies)