Intent and objectives
The intent of this policy is to support the regulation of parking on the City, Bundoora and Brunswick Campuses and to ensure equity in the provision of parking privileges by defining criteria for the allocation of on-campus parking.
ObjectivesTo describe the eligibility criteria for annual parking allocations to reserved bays and to detail parking arrangements for annual or daily use of other bays.
Applicable to the provision of all parking on the City, Bundoora and Brunswick Campuses.
Emergency vehicles. College of Business staff at B108.
Annual reserved parking criteria
Reserved Spaces are allocated in the following priority order:
- City Campus (each reserved bay is numbered)
- RMIT owned City-based vehicles allocated to executives as part of a total salary packaging arrangement;
- RMIT owned City based Pool vehicles;
- City based executives who drive their own car to and from RMIT and who salary package the Parking Charge and the State Congestion Levy;
- Bundoora / Brunswick Campuses (most reserved bays are numbered and/or in a restricted area and marked in yellow paint)
- RMIT owned Bundoora / Brunswick based vehicles allocated to executives as part of a total salary packaging arrangement;
- RMIT owned Bundoora / Brunswick based Pool vehicles
- Bundoora / Brunswick based executives who drive their own car to and from RMIT and who salary package the Parking Charge.
Reserved Parking allocations are reviewed annually.
Staff, students, contractors and other motorists can purchase a daily permit, an annual permit or, after 30 June each year, a half-yearly permit and park in the Brunswick and Bundoora general/public carparks but not in the reserved bays.
There are no refunds on annual/half-yearly permits.
There is no non-reserved parking on the City Campus[Next: Supporting documents and information]