RMIT Experience Fair 2014
Want an internship, vacation work, graduate work, cadetship, volunteer work, cooperative placement or work integrated learning placement?
The Experience Fair is your chance to:
- find work experience that will increase your employability
- find work experience that could lead to a permanent role
- meet prospective employers face-to-face
- collect information about work experience opportunities across a wide range of industries.
Regardless of what year level you are in, this is your chance to find out more about a wide variety of roles and organisations.
Date and location
Date: Tuesday 5 August, 2014
Morning session: 10 am – 12.30 pm
For students from:
- Communication and Digital Media
- Community Services and Social Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
- Education and Training
- Justice and Legal disciplines.
Afternoon session: 2 pm – 4.30 pm
For students from:
- Architecture and Building
- Art and Design
- Environment and Planning
- Health and Medical Sciences
- Science disciplines.
Location: RMIT Storey Hall, City Campus, 342-348 Swanston Street, Melbourne
Registrations will be open shortly through CareerHub.
The 2014 Experience Fair Program will be available closer to the event.
Download the Experience Fair 2013 program (PDF 966kb, 2p)
Your RMIT student ID card is required for entry.
How can I prepare before the Fair?
Employers receive thousands of applications for a small number of positions. Students can impress employers at the Experience Fair through research and preparation, so:
- Check out the list of employers who attended the 2013 Experience Fair and make a list of those you want to target
- Attend an Experience Fair Preparation session. Log into CareerHub for details.
- Prepare questions to ask employers
- Practise your introductory pitch.
Download the Experience Fair preparation quick tips (PDF 202kb)
Find out how to get the most out of the fair:
Hear what students had to say in 2013
Hear what students had to say about the 2013 Experience Fair.
For more information about work experience visit the Careers Toolkit (login required).
For more work experience opportunities visit:
- CareerHub - RMIT’s own employment website, accessible only to RMIT students
- Graduate Opportunties
This service is supported by your Student Services and Amenities Fee.