As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Laser technique offers nano breakthrough 22/08/2014Researchers have uncovered a new way of using lasers to directly write patterns onto special crystals, in a nanotechnology breakthrough.
- UN-RMIT agreement boosts urban sustainability 20/08/2014A new agreement between the United Nations Global Compact and RMIT will strengthen efforts to tackle the world's urban challenges.
- Early career researcher wins Phillip Law Prize 19/08/2014A Senior Research Fellow at RMIT has been awarded the 2014 Phillip Law Postdoctoral Award for Physical Sciences.
- Colloquium on Qualitative Research Methods in Business and Accounting 25/08/2014The 7th annual colloquium will cover a range of qualitative research methods and issues in the business and commerce-related disciplines.
- HIRi Seminar Series- Professor Jacqui Matthews 26/08/2014This seminar covers structural and biophysical approaches to understanding how gene regulatory complexes control normal blood cell development but can also contribute to leukemia.
- PhD Juice Bar presents Create your 3D SpaceWalk! 28/08/2014SpaceWalk is a low-cost experimental platform that enables participants to experience full-body immersion in virtual reality.