As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach.
Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Horse racing position cuts drag up to 66 per cent: study 31/10/2014RMIT University researchers have revealed precisely how much different slipstreaming tactics reduce drag on a horse during a race.
- Academics to edit international weapons series 30/10/2014A top New York publisher has selected two leading RMIT academics to edit a prestigious new series on weapons of mass destruction.
- Study reveals a culture of gleaners 28/10/2014Researchers investigating the reuse of hard rubbish have found organised scavenging - or "gleaning" - is well embedded in Australian culture.
- Management of Wastewater and Trade Waste 11/11/2014In conjunction with Engineers Australia, the Water: Effective Technologies and Tools (WETT) Research Centre at RMIT University will run two wastewater-related workshops.
- The Turn Series: The Experiential Turn 12/11/2014Activate your senses for a cross-disciplinary exploration of memory, perception and performance in The Experiential Turn.
- Seminar: Place-based leadership and the inclusive city 13/11/2014Professor Robin Hambleton (UK) discusses civic leadership and urban innovation in a special seminar hosted by the Centre for Urban Research.