As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Tailored communications key to bushfire safety education 17/09/2014Strategic and interactive communications tailored to local communities should guide all bushfire education, researchers have found.
- RMIT partners with UN network to reduce poverty 16/09/2014RMIT University has become a key academic partner in a United Nations network aimed at reducing poverty through land reform.
- RMIT researchers awarded Churchill Fellowships 15/09/2014Two researchers will head overseas to further their work in micro- and nano-technologies after receiving prestigious Churchill Fellowships.
- PhD Juice Bar presents: Dementia is sexy... Really? 18/09/2014Well, yes, from a digital media perspective it is – or so suggests Swinburne Media and Communication PhD candidate Mandy Salomon.
- Light Engineering by 3D Laserprinting - from bionic design to quality assurance 23/09/2014Presented by Professor Dr.-Ing. Claus Emmelmann, Head of the Institute of Laser and System Technologies at Hamburg University.
- The Politics of Care in Participatory Design Practice 25/09/2014Participatory Design (PD) is concerned with the human-centered ethics of user-input as part of any design intervention.