RMIT’s Research Centres are making a national impact in research.
Our Research Centres demonstrateRMIT’s research capabilities in focused research areas and undertake high impact research that has national recognition. Many of our research Centres are involved in influencing policy at a State and National level. The relationships RMIT’s Centres have with Industry and Government create opportunities to conduct relevant, focused, applied research in their areas of expertise.
Through their access to world class facilities, equipment and infrastructure, academics working within Centres contribute to an active and vibrant research environment. RMIT’s research Centres provide members and students with the opportunity to develop their research careers in a focused and well supported environment.
College based Research Centres
School based Research Centres
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design and Society
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Centre for Urban Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre
- Globalism Research Centre
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre (MNRC)
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment (SPACE) Research Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
- Top applied research medal for RMIT professor 07/03/2014The Royal Australian Chemical Institute has recognised Professor Suresh Bhargava for his contributions in the field of applied sciences.
- Understanding families in the digital age 06/03/2014How is family life changing as digital and mobile media create opportunities both for more connection and more interruption?
- Assessing the creativity of cities 28/02/2014Dr Ian McShane knows what makes creative cities tick - and he's putting that knowledge to good use for UNESCO.