RMIT’s Research Centres are making a national impact in research.
Our Research Centres demonstrate RMIT’s research capabilities in focused research areas and undertake high impact research that has national recognition. Many of our research Centres are involved in influencing policy at a State and National level. The relationships RMIT’s Centres have with Industry and Government create opportunities to conduct relevant, focused, applied research in their areas of expertise.
Through their access to world class facilities, equipment and infrastructure, academics working within Centres contribute to an active and vibrant research environment. RMIT’s research Centres provide members and students with the opportunity to develop their research careers in a focused and well supported environment.
College based Research Centres
School based Research Centres
- Centre for Additive Manufacturing
- Centre for Advanced Electronics and Sensors
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Industrial Chemistry
- Centre for Advanced Materials and Performance Textiles
- Centre for Applied Social Research
- Centre for Art, Society and Transformation
- Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture
- Centre for Construction Work Health and Safety Research
- Centre for Design and Society
- Centre for Design Practice Research
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Remediation
- Centre for Innovative Structures and Materials
- Centre for Integrated Project Solutions
- Centre for Molecular and Nanoscale Physics
- Centre for Urban Research
- Communication Technologies Research Centre
- Digital Ethnography Research Centre
- Globalism Research Centre
- Micro/Nanomedical Research Centre (MNRC)
- Satellite Positioning for Atmosphere, Climate and Environment (SPACE) Research Centre
- Sir Lawrence Wackett Aerospace Centre
- RMIT launches landmark contributions to global studies 29/08/2014Three groundbreaking publications have been launched by the RMIT Globalism Research Centre.
- Laser technique offers nano breakthrough 22/08/2014Researchers have uncovered a new way of using lasers to directly write patterns onto special crystals, in a nanotechnology breakthrough.
- Wound research centre adds RMIT expertise 13/08/2014The Wound Management Innovation Cooperative Research Centre has joined forces with leading researchers at RMIT University.