SAMS training and support
These pages contain training and support materials for all users of the Student Administration Management System (SAMS).
Register for SAMS training
- Upgrade information sessions
- SAMS Basic
- SAMS reports, queries and iexplore
- TAFE confirmations report
- Class scheduling
- Participant guides and session activities
View SAMS support
- Essential guides and interactive simulations
- Tips, frequently asked questions and troubleshooting
- Navigation paths (XLS 114kb)
TAFE confirmations report
The new TAFE confirmations report assists users to identify students who are yet to be confirmed. This will ensure RMIT can comply with the 120-day rule, and maximise the available funding to schools. The report can support changes to the 120-day rule if the time period is reduced in the future.
Read the user guide for help running this report.
Upgrade information sessions
Listen to an audio recording of one of the upgrade information sessions that were held across RMIT’s Melbourne campuses in 2012.
The recording is 1 hour 20 minutes duration with the following agenda (and time markers):
- Introduction: (0:00)
- What's New: (10:40)
- Demonstrations: (47:50)
- Preparing for go-live: (01:02:10)
- Training and Support: (01:03:05)
- Help Process: (01:13:00)
- Summary: (01:15:30)
- Student Timetabling System (STS)
- Student Timetabling System (STS) quick guides
- Web Room Booking System
- Timetabling manuals
- Printing and reports for Syllabus Plus
- Syllabus Plus manuals