Our four Research Institutes are the flagships of RMIT’s research endeavour and reputation. They contribute to global knowledge in our areas of expertise.
Research Institutes bring together multidisciplinary teams to undertake high-impact industry-focussed research to solve complex research questions of national and global significance.
They are the flagships of RMIT’s research culture and reputation. They are creating pathways for leading academics to connect across disciplines and build areas of critical mass in key areas of focussed research.
The Institute develops and funds a new transdisciplinary approach to design research in a terrain at the intersection of education, research and industry.
The Institute brings together key researchers working to understand the complexity of globalising urban settings from provincial centres to mega-cities.
The Institute seeks to better connect the diverse communities around health enterprise to address the changing needs of biomedical research and society.
The Institute leads research in the areas of smart materials and systems, linking new discoveries and emerging technologies to applications.
- Research mimics brain cells to boost memory power 01/10/2014Researchers have brought ultra-fast, nano-scale data storage within striking reach, using technology that mimics the human brain.
- Researchers working to track RMIT’s carbon footprint 24/09/2014A major research project will help RMIT staff and students monitor and compare their full carbon footprints across work, study and travel.
- RMIT researchers awarded Churchill Fellowships 15/09/2014Two researchers will head overseas to further their work in micro- and nano-technologies after receiving prestigious Churchill Fellowships.
- PhD Juice Bar presents 42nd Street. Urban Scenography 02/10/2014Design and architecture create artificial realities and can be understood as control systems for our experiences of the world.
- The Turn Series: The Public Turn 08/10/2014The Public Turn sets a place at the table for a conversation about public space as the site of research for design, the humanities and art.
- PhD Juice Bar presents Environmentally Responsible Architecture 09/10/2014Martyn Hook’s practice is dedicated to the creation of sustainable buildings with a responsible environmental and social agenda.