RMIT’s Research Institutes are making a Global impact in research.
Research Institutes bring together multidisciplinary teams of academics to undertake high-impact industry-focussed research to solve complex research questions of national and global significance.
RMIT’s four Research Institutes are the flagships of RMIT’s research culture and burgeoning research reputation. They are creating pathways for leading academics to connect across disciplines and build areas of critical mass in key areas of focussed research.
The Institutes have strong public profiles, continue to grow their linkages with industry and the community and influence policy at all levels in Australia and overseas. Supported by outstanding leadership teams and with access to advanced research infrastructure, they provide the environment for RMIT’s brightest research minds to challenge their thinking.
The Institute develops and funds a new transdisciplinary approach to design research in a terrain at the intersection of education, research and industry.
The Institute brings together key researchers working to understand the complexity of globalising urban settings from provincial centres to mega-cities.
The Institute seeks to better connect the diverse communities around health enterprise to address the changing needs of biomedical research and society.
The Institute leads research in the areas of smart materials and systems, linking new discoveries and emerging technologies to applications.
- UN-RMIT agreement boosts urban sustainability 20/08/2014A new agreement between the United Nations Global Compact and RMIT will strengthen efforts to tackle the world's urban challenges.
- Early career researcher wins Phillip Law Prize 19/08/2014A Senior Research Fellow at RMIT has been awarded the 2014 Phillip Law Postdoctoral Award for Physical Sciences.
- Wound research centre adds RMIT expertise 13/08/2014The Wound Management Innovation Cooperative Research Centre has joined forces with leading researchers at RMIT University.
- HIRi Seminar Series- Associate Professor Peter Noakes 25/11/2014Associate Professor Peter Noakes from the University of Queensland will hold a seminar at the Health Innovations Research Institute’s 2014 Seminar Series, a range of discussions which will address key health issues.
- HIRi Seminar Series- Professor Nigel Burnett 28/10/2014Professor Nigel Burnett from Monash University will hold a seminar at the Health Innovations Research Institute’s 2014 Seminar Series, a range of discussions which will address key health issues.
- HIRi Seminar Series- Professor Lyn Griffiths 30/09/2014Professor Lyn Griffiths from the Queensland University of Technology will hold a seminar at the Health Innovations Research Institute’s 2014 Seminar Series, a range of discussions which will address key health issues.