30 August 2011
Draft TAFE program approval procedure (new) and Program approvals for RMIT accredited coursework programs procedure (amended and retitled)
The draft documents above are now closed for comment
The TAFE Program Approval Procedure has been drafted to reflect the current process for:
- approval of new VET programs
- variations to VET programs
- discontinuation of VET programs, and
- changes to the Scope of Registration for RMIT University
These processes are now carried out using interactive .pdf pro formas, which are linked to the TAFE Program Approval Guidelines. The draft TAFE Program Approval Procedure merely directs staff to follow the Guidelines and use the pro formas. The pro formas ensure that all steps of the process are carried out correctly.
The TAFE Program Approval procedure will replace three existing procedures, which need to be rescinded, because they describe the process that was followed before the interactive .pdf pro formas were introduced. The procedures that will be rescinded are:
- the Maintenance of the RMIT Scope of Registration procedure
- the Program, stream and course discontinuance or interruption – transitional arrangements – TAFE programs procedure
- the TAFE curriculum maintenance procedure
This change also requires an amendment to remove the TAFE program approval sections from the Program approvals for TAFE and HE coursework programs procedure, which will be retitled as the Program approvals for RMIT accredited coursework programs procedure. In providing feedback on these amendments, staff are asked to note that this is not a full review of this procedure, which will be reviewed in 2012.
Drafts for comment:
- TAFE Program Approval Procedure (new) (DOC 81.5 KB, 2p)
- Program approvals for RMIT accredited courseswork programs procedure (amended and retitled) (DOC 159 KB, 4p)
Comments on the new procedure and amended procedure should be directed to Dr Kai Jensen of Academic Policy and Governance in the Academic Registrar’s Group, at email@example.com. The deadline for comments is COB Friday 23 September 2011.