Abdullahi D. Ahmed is an Associate Professor in Wealth Management at the School of Accounting, College of Business, RMIT University.
Prior to joining RMIT University, he was a Senior Lecturer in Finance at the Flinders Business School, Flinders University. He has also served School of Commerce and Law, Central Queensland University where he was the head of finance and economics programmes and taught advance courses in financial planning and finance.
Previously, he was a research fellow at the Centre for Strategic Economic Studies (CSES), Victoria University, Melbourne. He has published widely in areas of financial market behaviour, governance of financial institutions, liquidity of financial markets and capital market development. In recent years, Ahmed's research work has covered areas of wealth management, financial market reforms, trade policies, international macroeconomic policy and dynamics of foreign exchange markets.
His research interest spans issues in microstructure of financial markets, risk and portfolio management and impacts of financial-technology innovations in developing economies. Dr Ahmed has taught a number of postgraduate courses including advanced international finance, managing of financial institutions, financial econometrics and business research methods.
- Ahmed, A. (2016). Integration of financial markets, financial development and growth: Is Africa different? In: Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 42, 43 - 59
- Mmolainyane, K.,Ahmed, A. (2015). The impact of financial integration in Botswana In: Journal of Policy Modeling, 37, 852 - 874
- Haque, T.,Ahmed, A. (2015). The relationship between australian mutual fund fees and risk-adjusted performance in differing economic conditions In: Australian Economic Papers, 54, 1 - 21
- Ndayisaba, G.,Ahmed, A. (2015). CEO remuneration, board composition and firm performance: Empirical evidence from Australian listed companies In: Corporate Ownership and Control, 13, 534 - 552
- Khan, H.,Ahmed, A. (2014). Examining models of social preferences and a generalized model of inequity aversion: An analysis and application In: Corporate Ownership and Control, 12, 211 - 230
- Ahmed, A.,Van Hulten, A. (2014). Financial globalization in Botswana and Nigeria: A critique of the thresholds paradigm In: The Review of Black Political Economy, 41, 177 - 203
- Ahmed, A.,Mmolainyane, K. (2014). Financial integration, capital market development and economic performance: Empirical evidence from Botswana In: Economic Modelling, 42, 1 - 14
- Cheng, E.,Ahmed, A. (2014). The demand for credit, credit rationing and the role of microfinance: Evidence from poor rural counties of China In: China Agricultural Economic Review, 6, 295 - 315
- Zam, Z.,Pok, W.,Ahmed, A. (2014). Factors of fraud occurrence and corporate governance structures: Evidence from emerging market Malaysia In: Corporate Ownership and Control, 11, 135 - 153
- Bruce, K.,Ahmed, A. (2014). Conceptions of professionalism : meaningful standards in financial planning, Gower Publishing Limited, United Kingdom
3 PhD Current Supervisions