- Equity Markets
- Managed Funds and Superannuation Funds
- Political Economy (terrorism and wars)
Awards and Distinctions
- 2012 School of Economics, Finance and Marketing teaching award “Good Teaching Score achievement award undergraduate“
- 2011 School of Economics, Finance and Marketing teaching award “Good Teaching Score achievement award undergraduate“
- 2010 School of Economics, Finance and Marketing teaching award 2010 “Good Teaching Score achievement award undergraduate“
- 2003-2007: RMIT Business Portfolio PhD Scholarship.
- 2012 $18,000 Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grant. “Theory and evidence of the effectiveness of audit committee“ with Dr Vijay Marisetty, Dr Terrence Hallahan and Dr Monica Tan.
- 2011 $20,000 (additional matched in-kind grant $20,000) RMIT Learning and Teaching Investment Fund (LTIF with Cathy Hall, Tass Katsoulidis, and Ingo Karpen; Co-Creating the Student Experience: Conceptual Foundations and Empirical Exploration from an S-D logic perspective
- 2010 $14,000. Melbourne Centre for Financial Studies Research Grant. “Superannuation Fund Management, Governance and Performance in Australian Industry“ with Dr Monica Tan.
- 2010 $5,000. RMIT University Economics Finance and Marketing Research Grant, “Superannuation Fund Management“ with Dr Monica Tan.
- Financial Markets (course coordinator: Open University Australia)
- Research Issues in Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. 2011
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Finance. Thesis title: The Impact of Terrorist Attacks on Financial Market, RMIT University, Australia, 2008.
- Master of Finance. RMIT University, Australia, 2003.
- Bachelor of Arts, major in International Economics. American University of Paris, France, 2001
- Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
- Cam, M.,Bora Ramiah, V. (2014). The influence of systematic risk factors and econometric adjustments in catastrophic event studies In: Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 42, 1 - 19
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2014). Does governance structure influence pension fund fees and costs? An examination of Australian not-for-profit superannuation funds In: Australian Journal of Management, Online, 1 - 21
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2013). Explaining pension fund product and governance disclosure in Australia In: Australasian Accounting Business and Finance Journal, 7, 49 - 67
- Sabet, S.,Cam, M.,Heaney, R. (2012). Share market reaction to the BP oil spill and the US government moratorium on exploration In: Australian Journal of Management, 37, 61 - 76
- Nguyen, T.,Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2012). Fund governance, fees and performance in Australian corporate superannuation funds: a non-parametric analysis In: Journal of Law and Financial Management, 11, 2 - 23
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2011). Voluntary disclosure, trustee governance and background in Australian superannuation funds In: JASSA, 2, 28 - 35
- Tan, G.,Cam, M. (2011). Trustee governance, directors background and voluntary disclosure: A survey of Australian superannuation industry funds In: Proceedings of the 2011 Accounting and finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference, Darwin, Australia, 3-5 July 2011
- Cam, M. (2011). The short-term impact of direct exposure to terrorist attacks: The case of the World Trade Center tenants and September 11 In: FMA Asian Conference, Queenstown, New Zealand, 6-8 April 2011
- Cam, M. (2008). The impact of terrorism on United States industries In: Economic Papers: A Journal of Applied Economics and Policy, 27, 115 - 134
- Is More Information Always Better? A behavioural study on superfunds optimal disclosure design.. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2015 Round 2 from (2016 to 2017)
- Superannuation Fund Management Disclosure. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2015 from (2016 to 2016)
- On the scope and effectiveness of corporate audit committee: theory and evidence. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Grant pre-2014 from (2011 to 2015)
- Superannuation Fund Management, Governance and Performance in Australian Industry Funds. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Grant pre-2014 from (2010 to 2010)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
2 PhD Current Supervisions
Financial markets, asset pricing, managed funds and political economics.