Bronwyn is the Special Projects Director of Communication Design.
Currently undertaking Masters of Education: RMIT University. Area of Research: Selection Processes and Higher Education. In particular the importance that pre-selection processes as models that inform excellence in performance.
Current Scholarship: The Selection, Transition and Retention Project with Dr Fiona Peterson for the School of Media and Communication and Professor Linda Brendan for the Discipline Cluster of Advertising, Design and Photography.
Participation in the 2009 Learning and Teaching Investment Fund for the BOUNCE student wellbeing project which used multidisciplinary WIL student groups to build a positive psychology student-centred online resource to enhance the wellbeing of RMIT Students.
In the role of Special Projects Director of
Bronwyn is involved with teaching of the Communication Design Program in Singapore, delivered in partnership with the Singapore Institute of Management. Bronwyn has taught offshore for over 11 years and is currently involved in the testing of and development of offshore feedback and assessment through the Annotation tool with the Educational Media Unit.
In addition to this Bronwyn was the Honours Year Co-ordinator of Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) The Works and the Program Director of Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) 2003–2009. Bronwyn was part of the development team for the Masters of Design (Graphic Communication) and the Equity Database Implementation as an advisor and data base tester.
She is currently sitting as an advisor on the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority review of Year 13 programs and assessment models and how this experience transitions into Higher Education.
Currently undertaking Masters of Education: RMIT University.
Graduate Diploma of Arts (Art & Design) with Distinction, Phillip Institute of Technology now RMIT University
Bachelor of Arts (Design) with Distinction, Phillip Institute of Technology now RMIT University
Bronwyn was one of the first two students that started the “The Works” which is the 4th Honours year of the Bachelor of Design (Communication Design). In this educational design consultancy, students spend their time working on real projects for community and cultural organizations. The program is about providing opportunities for students to develop and practice design within a creative and managed environment while developing reflective models on design practice through research opportunities to ensure designers can be socially and sustainable responsible practitioners.
Bronwyn’s professional career started at Random Books as a freelance Graphic Designer. She went on to work at Nutshell Graphics as a Designer and Project Manager notably on the following projects:
Victorian Government and the DRNE on the creation of the Yarra Ranges National (Project Manager and Designer: Corporate Identity, Signage, Interpretative Signage)
The creation of the Exhibition centre at the Old Treasury Building with the Victorian Government and the inaugural Melbourne Exhibition. (Project Manager and Designer: Identity, 2D design, collection and Design of ephemera display).
Designer Annual Reports for: ESSO, BP Australia, Datacraft, Museum of Victoria, and Tattersalls.
Bronwyn obtained a design internship with Alan Fletcher in 1998 (One of the founding members of Pentagram), upon returning she undertook freelance design, design project management consultancy, and sessional teaching into the Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) before taking up a the Position of Program Director of the Honours Year and then the Program Director of the Bachelor of Design (Communication undergraduate program onshore and offshore.
Bronwyn is currently a member of the following professional organizations:
AGDA: Australian Graphic Design Association,
DIA: Design Management Institute - Boston, U.S.A
ICOGRADA Education Network (International Council of Graphic Design Associations)
British Design Council (Design Week Network)
AGIDEAS Alumni Member (Alliance Graphique Internationale ideas)
- AGDA - Victorian Chapter (Australian Graphic Design Association) 1992–97 Past Board Member and Communications Committee Chairperson and continuing member.
- AGIDEAS Conference Melbourne 1991–92, Student Committee member and continuing, Alumni member.
- AGDA Awards:
- Bronze Design Award in the Category of Annual Reports: 1998
- Silver Design Award in the Category of Annual Reports: 1998
- Bronze Design Award in the Category of Interpretative Signage Design 1997
- 2003–2004: Developed the ECA Edinburgh College of Arts student exchange.
- 2000–2001: Bronwyn was part of the development team for the Masters of Design (Graphic Communication) online.
- 2001–2002: She was part of the Gloweave Publication: The 'Gloweave' combined research undertaken at the Frances Burke Textile Resource Centre at RMIT University by Kaye Ashton, Susan Ryan and the design created by RMIT design students from the RMIT Design Consultancy The Works as Creative Director at the time.
- Grando, D.,Pocknee, C.,Clarke, B.,Jollands, M. (2016). What do Life Science employers look for in graduates? In: Microbiology Australia, 37, 60 - 64
- Araujo, N.,Wilson, R.,Clarke, B. (2015). Student engagement for employability: A belonging project case study In: Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA 2015), Melbourne, Australia, 6-9 July 2015
- Araujo, N.,Wilson, R.,Clarke, B. (2015). Why belonging still matters: Student success beyond generic employability skills In: STARS 2015 Conference Proceedings, Melbourne, Australia, 1-4 July 2015
- Araujo, N.,Carlin, D.,Clarke, B.,Morieson, L.,Lukas, K.,Wilson, R. (2014). Belonging in the first year: A creative discipline cohort case study In: International Journal of the First Year in Higher Education, 5, 21 - 31
- Araujo, N.,Wilson, R.,Clarke, B.,Carnie, L. (2014). The global at home, at home in the global: A study tour case study from the belonging project In: Proceedings of the 44th Annual Conference of the Philosophy of Education Society of Australasia (PESA 2014), Hamilton, New Zealand, 22-25 November 2014
- Morieson, L.,Carlin, D.,Clarke, B.,Lukas, K.,Wilson, R. (2013). Belonging in education: lessons from the belonging project In: The International Journal of the First Year in Higher Education, 4, 87 - 96
- Developing graduate employability through partnerships with industry and professional associations. Funded by: Office for Learning and Teaching Grant Pre-2014 from (2013 to 2015)