Professor Val Clulow joined the College of Business executive team in 2011, as Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching and retired in August 2016.
Professor Clulow previously held a number of senior management positions within business faculties at Australian universities.
Prior to her 25 year academic career, Professor Clulow had extensive industry experience in retail management training positions and consultancy projects.
Professor Clulow holds a PhD from the University of Melbourne and published widely across three areas - business education, marketing and business strategy and has undertaken several industry/government consultancies. She has supervised staff and research students extensively to PhD completion.
In addition, Professor Clulow has extensive experience in academic governance through her active participation throughout her career in University governance bodies.
Val’s work at RMIT centred on College of Business’s academic programs and student engagement and focused on the College’s strategic academic development and governance, its global and online program delivery and its business education research projects. She also liaised and collaborated with many colleagues across RMIT, many external University stakeholders and a network of global partners.
- Reimers, V.,Clulow, V. (2014). Spatial convenience: bridging the gap between shopping malls and shopping strips In: International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 42, 864 - 883
- Clulow, V.,Walters, G. (2013). Issues in sustainable tourism In: The International Journal of Sustainability Policy and Practice, 8, 11 - 19
- Wu, Q.,Maslyuk, S.,Clulow, V. (2012). Energy consumption inequality and human development In: Energy Efficiency - A Bridge to Low Carbon Economy, InTech, Croatia
- Walters, G.,Clulow, V. (2010). The tourism market's response to the 2009 black Saturday bushfires: The case of Gippsland In: Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 27, 844 - 857
- Clulow, V.,Reimers, V. (2009). How do consumers define retail centre convenience? In: Australasian Marketing Journal, 17, 125 - 132
- Reimers, V.,Clulow, V. (2009). Retail centres: it's time to make them convenient In: International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management: incorporating retail insights, 37, 541 - 562
- Farrelly, F.,Quester, P.,Clulow, V. (2008). Exploring market orientation and satisfaction of partners in the sponsorship relationship In: Australasian Marketing Journal, 16, 51 - 66
- TSARENKO, Y.,Clulow, V.,Lefroy, K. (2008). Examining non-medical service needs of women living with HIV/AIDS In: Advances in Consumer Research, 35, 557 - 562
- Clulow, V.,Parker, L. (2003). Banking channels: online and bank branch In: Proceedings of the 5th Australasian Services Research Workshop, Melbourne, Australia, 12-14 March 2003
- Transnational teaching teams: professional development for quality enhancement of learning and teaching. Funded by: Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education Contract from (2012 to 2014)