RMIT University is committed to addressing the Gap in Indigenous health. My role in the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences is to coordinate activites (such as clinical placements, Indigenous knowledges, cultural competencies) and work with other RMIT officers on policies and procedures that best address that Gap.
My teaching interests include Indigenous health, leadership in health care settings, and research (mixed methods).
My research is around Indigenous mental health, Indigenous leadership and research, and I am a collaborator with the Global Burden of Diseases project (from the World Health Organisation and the University of Washington).
- Grad Dip Applied Science (Clinical Drug Dependence Studies), University of Newcastle, 1992
- M. Indigenous Health, University of Wollongong, 1996
- BA(Psyc), (honours), University of Newcastle, 1998
- Grad Cert Indigenous Mental Health, University of Southern Queensland, 2009
- MSc (Evidence Based Social Interventions), University of Oxford, 2013
- Grad Cert Indigenous Research & Leadership, University of Melbourne, 2014
- PhD (Current), National Centre of Indigenous Studies, Australian National University
- M Leadership in Health Care (Current), Southern Cross University
- Doyle, K.,Sainsbury, K.,Cleary, S.,Parkinson, L.,Vindigni, D.,McGrath, I.,Cruickshank, M. (2017). Happy to help/happy to be here: Identifying components of successful clinical placements for undergraduate nursing students In: Nurse Education Today, 49, 27 - 32
- Doyle, K.,Cleary, M.,Blanchard, D.,Hungerford, C. (2017). (In Press) The Yerin Dilly Bag Model of Indigenist health research In: Qualitative Health Research, , 1 - 14
- Doyle, K.,Zhang, A. (2017). (In Press) Smoking prevalence and attributable disease burden in 195 countries and territories, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: Lancet, , 1 - 15
- Vindigni, D.,Polus, B.,Cleary, S.,Doyle, K. (2017). Chiropractors` experience and readiness to work in Indigenous Australian Communities: a preliminary cross-sectional survey to explore preparedness, perceived barriers and facilitators for chiropractors practising cross-culturally In: Chiropractic and Manual Therapies, 25, 1 - 9
- Doyle, K.,Hungerford, C.,Cleary, M. (2016). A study of intra-racial exclusion within Australian Indigenous communities using eco-maps In: International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, , 1 - 13
- Lim, S.,Allen, K.,Bhutta, Z.,Doyle, K. et al, . (2016). Measuring the health-related Sustainable development goals in 188 countries: a baseline analysis from the global burden of disease study 2015 In: The Lancet, 388, 1813 - 1850
- Wang, H.,Wolock, T.,Carter, A.,et al, . (2016). Estimates of global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and mortality of HIV, 1980-2015: the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: The Lancet, 3, 361 - 387
- Wang, H.,Bhutta, Z.,Coates, M.,et al, . (2016). Global, regional, national, and selected subnational levels of stillbirths, neonatal, infant, and under-5 mortality, 1980-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: The Lancet, 388, 1725 - 1774
- Forouzanfad, M.,Afshin, A.,Alexander, L.,et al, . (2016). Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: The Lancet, 388, 1659 - 1724
- Kassebaum, N.,Arora, M.,Barber, R.,et al, . (2016). Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 315 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE), 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015 In: The Lancet, 388, 1603 - 1658