- Development Economics
- Foreign Aid Allocation and Effectiveness
- The Millennium Development Goals
- Economic shocks
- Vulnerability and Resilience
- Poverty and Well-being
- Pacific and Melanesian Countries
Research Projects and Funding
- 2010-2013: AusAID Australian Development Research Award (ADRA), “Economic Shocks: Reducing Vulnerability and Increasing Resilience in the Pacific“ joint with Alberto Posso, RMIT, Matthew Clarke and Heather Wallace, Deakin University, Vijay Naidu, Manoranjan Mohanty and Mili Kaitani of the University of the South Pacific and May Miller-Dawkins of Oxfam Australia.
- 2009-2011: AusAID Australian Development Research Award (ADRA) “Attitudes to National Identity in Melanesia“, joint with Michael Leach, Swinburne University, Matthew Clarke and Heather Wallace, Deakin University.
- 2009-2011: AusAID Australian Development Research Award (ADRA), “Scaling-Up Aid and the Millennium Development Goals in the Pacific“ joint with Matthew Clarke, Deakin University, Tim Fry, RMIT and Mark Rogers, University of Oxford.
- 2005-2008: ARC Linkage Project, “Achieving the Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Foreign Aid, Trade and NGOs with a Focus on the Asia-Pacific“, joint with Tim Fry, RMIT and Matthew Clarke, Deakin University. Partner: World Vision of Australia.
Simon has undertaken work for a number of organisations including the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), the United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER), the ASEAN Secretariat, South Pacific Forum Secretariat, Oxfam Australia, World Vision Australia and the Make Poverty History Campaign.
- Development Economics
- PhD Development Economics
- MSc Economic Development and International Trade
- BA (Hons) Economics
- Posso, A.,Feeny, S. (2016). Beyond enrolments: the determinants of primary-school attendance in Melanesia In: Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, , 1 - 18
- Ahmed, S.,Feeny, S.,Posso, A. (2016). What firm characteristics determine women's employment in manufacturing? Evidence from Bangladesh In: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, 35, 99 - 122
- Feeny, S.,McGillivray, M. (2016). Aid and global poverty In: The Oxford Handbook of the Social Science of Poverty, Oxford University Press, United States
- Feeny, S.,Posso, A.,Beasley, J. (2015). Handle with care: fragile states and the determinants of fragility In: Applied Economics, 47, 1073 - 1085
- Posso, A.,Feeny, S. (2015). Income, democracy and European colonization In: Applied Economic Letters, 22, 1257 - 1261
- Feeny, S.,McDonald, L. (2015). Vulnerability to multidimensional poverty: Findings from households in Melanesia In: The Journal of Development Studies, 52, 447 - 464
- McGillivray, M.,Feeny, S. (2015). Aid, Growth, Policies and Fragility In: Handbook on the Economics of Foreign Aid, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- Feeny, S.,Iamsiraroj, S.,McGillivray, M. (2014). Remittances and economic growth: larger impacts in smaller countries? In: The Journal of Development Studies, 50, 1055 - 1066
- Feeny, S.,Iamsiraroj, S.,McGillivray, M. (2014). Growth and foreign direct investment in the Pacific Island countries In: Economic Modelling, 37, 332 - 339
- Feeny, S.,Fry, T. (2014). How sustainable is the macroeconomic impact of foreign aid? In: Journal of Policy Modeling, 36, 1066 - 1081
- The benefits of cataract removal and restoring sight in Vietnam: moving beyond income. Funded by: Fred Hollows Foundation Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Economic Shocks: Reducing Vulnerability and Increasing Resilience in the Pacific. Funded by: Australian Development Research Awards pre-2014 from (2010 to 2013)
- Scaling Up Aid and the Millenium Development Goals in the Pacific: Absorptive Capacity, Sustainability and Efficiency. Funded by: Australian Development Research Awards pre-2014 from (2009 to 2012)
- Understanding Attitudes to National Identity in Melanesia. Funded by: Australian Development Research Awards pre-2014 from (2009 to 2010)
- Achieving the Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Foreign Aid, Trade and NGOs with a focus on the Asia-Pacific. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project 2005 Round 2 from (2005 to 2008)
2 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions