Thermal conduction properties of micro-encapsulated phase-change materials. Phase change materials are used as thermal control materials because of the high latent heat absorption and release that occurs upon change of phase, with little or no associated change in temperature.
View Dr John Gear's Google Scholar profile.
- PhD Melb. (Thesis: Wave propagation in density stratified fluids. Ph. D. dissertation, University of Melbourne, 1984.)
- BSc (Hons) Monash.
Member of professional associations
- Member of the Australian Mathematical Society.
- Senior Lecturer, School of Mathematical and Geospatial Sciences, RMIT University (1996 - current)
- Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, RMIT University (1985 - 1996)
- Tutor, Department of Mathematics, University of Melbourne (1983 - 1983). Part-time tutor, (1980 - 1982)
- Tutor, Part-time, Queen's College, University of Melbourne (1981 - 1983)
- Tutor, Part-time, Department of Mathematics, Monash University (1979)
- Visited the German Aerospace Research Establishment, Gottingen, Germany (1993)
- Research Scientist, Aeronautical Research Laboratory, Defence Science and Technology Organization (DSTO) Department of Defence, Australia (1984 - 1985)
Achievements and prizes
- Scholarship: Commonwealth Postgraduate Research Award (1980 - 1983)
- Idlango, M.,Shepherd, J.,Gear, J. (2015). On the multiscale approximation of solutions to the slowly varying harvested logistic population model In: Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 26, 36 - 44
- Idlango, M.,Gear, J.,Shepherd, J. (2015). Transitions in a logistic population model incorporating an Allee effect In: Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, 38, 4901 - 4911
- Idlango, M.,Shepherd, J.,Gear, J. (2014). Multiscaling analysis of a slowly varying single species population model displaying an Allee effect In: Mathematical Methods in Applied Sciences, 37, 1561 - 1569
- Gabriel, S.,Ding, Y.,Feng, Y.,Gear, J. (2014). Comparative analysis of pulsatile and steady flow on arterial mass transport In: Proceedings of the 19th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference 2014, Melbourne, Australia, 8-11 December 2014
- Gabriel, S.,Ding, Y.,Feng, Y.,Gear, J. (2014). Deposition-driven growth in atherosclerosis modelling In: Proceedings of the 19th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference 2014, Melbourne, Australia, 8-11 December 2014
- Idlango, M.,Gear, J.,Shepherd, J. (2013). Survival to extinction in a slowly varying harvested logistic population model In: Applied Mathematics Letters, 26, 1035 - 1040
- IDLANGO, M.,Shepherd, J.,Nguyen, L.,Gear, J. (2012). Harvesting a logistic population in a slowly varying environment In: Applied Mathematics Letters, 25, 81 - 87
- Chen, C.,Ding, Y.,Gear, J. (2012). Numerical simulation of atherosclerotic plaque growth using two-way fluid-structural interaction In: The ANZIAM Journal, 53, 278 - 291
- Ding, M.,Liu, Y.,Gear, J. (2012). A modified centered climbing algorithm for linear programming In: Applied Mathematics, 3, 1 - 7
- Ding, M.,Liu, Y.,Gear, J. (2011). An improved targeted climbing algorithm for linear programs In: Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization (NACO), 1, 399 - 405
2 PhD Current Supervisions5 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions