Dr Gu's research interests are in the areas of mobile and pervasive computing, wireless sensor networks, distributed network systems, big data analytics, and online social networks. His publications appear in top-tier journals, including IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, and top-tier conferences, including PerCom, UbiComp, INFOCOM, and ICNP.
More information about Dr Gu can be found on his personal website.
Dr Gu is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Prior to joining RMIT, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from National University of Singapore in 2005, his M.S. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2001, and his B.Eng. degree in Automatic Control from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 1990. He is a member of the IEEE and the ACM.
- Xie, H.,Gu, T.,Tao, X.,Ye, H.,Lu, J. (2016). A reliability-augmented particle filter for magnetic fingerprinting based indoor localization on smartphone In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 15, 1877 - 1892
- Zhao, Z.,Bu, J.,Dong, W.,Gu, T.,Xu, X. (2016). CoCo+: Exploiting correlated core for energy efficient dissemination in wireless sensor networks In: Ad Hoc Networks, 37, 404 - 417
- Dinh, T.,Kim, Y.,Gu, T.,Vasilakos, A. (2016). L-MAC: A wake-up time self-learning MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks In: Computer Networks, 105, 33 - 46
- Zhao, Z.,Dong, W.,Guan, G.,Bu, J.,Gu, T.,Chen, C. (2015). Modeling link correlation in low-power wireless networks In: Proceedings of the 34th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2015), Kowloon, Hong Kong, 26 April - 1 May 2015
- Yao, L.,Sheng, Q.,Ruan, W.,Gu, T.,Li, X.,Falkner, N.,Yang, Z. (2015). RF-care: device-free posture recognition for elderly people using a passive RFID tag array In: Proceedings of the 12th EAI International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MobiQuitous 2015), Coimbra, Portugal, 22-24 July 2015
- Yu, Z.,Du, R.,Guo, B.,Xu, H.,Gu, T.,Wang, Z.,Zhang, D. (2015). Who should I invite for my party? Combining user preference and influence maximization for social events In: Proceedings of the 2015 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2015), Osaka, Japan, 7-11 September 2015
- Quattrone, A.,Kulik, L.,Tanin, E.,Ramamohanarao, K.,Gu, T. (2015). PrivacyPalisade: Evaluating App permissions and building privacy into smartphones In: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing (ICICS 2015), Singapore, 2-4 December 2015
- Yao, L.,Sheng, Q.,Li, X.,Wang, S.,Gu, T.,Ruan, W.,Zou, W. (2015). Freedom: online activity recognition via dictionary-based sparse representation of RFID sensing data In: Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining series (ICDM 2015), Atlantic City, NJ, United States, 14-17 November 2015
- Dinh, T.,Gu, T. (2015). A novel metric for opportunistic routing in heterogenous duty-cycled wireless sensor networks In: Proceedings of the IEEE 23rd International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP 2015), San Francisco, United States, 10-13 November 2015
- Ye, H.,Gu, T.,Tao, X.,Lv, J. (2015). Infrastructure-Free Floor Localization Through Crowdsourcing In: Journal of Computer Science and Technology, 30, 1249 - 1273
1 PhD Current Supervisions