Dr Gu's research interests are in the areas of mobile and pervasive computing, wireless sensor networks, distributed network systems, big data analytics, and online social networks. His publications appear in top-tier journals, including IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, and top-tier conferences, including PerCom, UbiComp, INFOCOM, and ICNP.
More information about Dr Gu can be found on his personal website.
Dr Gu is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Science and Information Technology.
Prior to joining RMIT, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Southern Denmark. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from National University of Singapore in 2005, his M.S. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2001, and his B.Eng. degree in Automatic Control from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 1990. He is a member of the IEEE and the ACM.
- Wang, L.,Gu, T.,Tao, X.,Lu, J. (2017). The design of a wearable RFID system for real-time activity recognition using radio patterns In: IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 16, 228 - 242
- Li, J.,Li, S.,Zhang, Y.,Gu, T.,Law, Y.,Yang, Z.,Zhou, X.,Palaniswami, M. (2017). An analytical model for coding-based reprogramming protocols in lossy wireless sensor networks In: IEEE Transactions on Computers, 66, 24 - 37
- Xia, X.,Li, S.,Zhang, Y.,Gu, T.,Pan, Y. (2016). Towards energy-balanced data transmission for lifetime optimization in wireless sensor networks In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2016), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 23-27 May 2016
- Wang, Y.,Jiannong, C.,Li, W.,Gu, T. (2016). Mining Traffic Congestion Correlation between Road Segments on GPS Trajectories In: In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Smart Computing (SMARTCOMP 2016), St. Louis, United States, 18-20 May 2016
- Wang, H.,Zhang, D.,Ma, J.,Wang, Y.,Wang, Y.,Wu, D.,Gu, T.,Xie, B. (2016). Human respiration detection with commodity WiFi devices: Do user location and body orientation matter? In: Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2016), Heidelberg, Germany, 12-16 September 2016
- Ruan, W.,Sheng, Q.,Yang, L.,Gu, T.,Xu, P.,Shangguan, L. (2016). AudioGest: Enabling fine-grained hand gesture detection by decoding echo signal In: Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2016), Heidelberg, Germany, 12-16 September 2016
- Yao, L.,Nie, F.,Sheng, Q.,Gu, T.,Li, X.,Wang, S. (2016). Learning from less for better: Semi-supervised activity recognition via shared structure discovery In: Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2016), Heidelberg, Germany, 12-16 September 2016
- Zhu, F.,Luo, C.,Yuan, M.,Zhu, Y.,Zhang, Z.,Gu, T.,Deng, K.,Rao, W.,Zeng, J. (2016). City-scale localization with telco big data In: Proceedings of the 25th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2016), Indianapolis, United States, 24-28 October 2016
- Cui, J.,Wang, L.,Gu, T.,Tao, X.,Lu, J. (2016). An audio-based hierarchical smoking behavior detection system based on a smart neckband platform In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services (MobiQuitous 2016), Hiroshima, Japan, 28 November - 1 December 2016
- Bai, Y.,Gu, T.,Hu, A. (2016). Integrating Wi-Fi and magnetic field for fingerprinting based indoor positioning system In: Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Madrid, Spain, 4-7 October 2016
1 PhD Current Supervisions