- Improving large class teaching.
- Brain imaging.
- Neural basis of consciousness.
- Neural effects of general anaesthetics.
- Physiology Unit Leader, Pharmaceutical Sciences Discipline. Course coordinator for Biomedical and Physical Science 1 and 2 (BIOL2062 and BIOL1215).
- Previous Course coordination Human Structure and Function (Medical Laboratory Science), Anatomy and Physiology (Medical Radiations Science Second Year - Physiology (Medical Radiations Science Postgraduate - Image Quality and Interpretation (Graduate Diploma in Ultrasonography)
- Previous Program Coordination Master of Applied Science (Medical Radiations Doctor of Philosophy program (Medical Radiations)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) Course (Medical Radiations)
- Current Course coordination – Biomedical and Physical Science 1 and 2 (BIOL 2062 and BIOL1215)
- Course Development and Accreditation Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) Course in Medical Radiations; Associate Diploma of Health Science (Clinical Neurophysiology).; Graduate Diploma in Ultrasonography
Academic management and administration responsibilities
- Department of Medical Laboratory Science - Selection Officer; Department of Medical Radiations Science; First Year Co-ordinator; Honours and Postgraduate Studies Co-ordinator; Elected Chair of the Departmental Research Committee; Co-ordinators Committee Member; Departmental Executive Member; Acting Principal Lecturer; Acting Head of Department:
- Academic Board Elected (and subsequently re-elected) Faculty of Applied Science Representative (5 years). Member Academic Board Sub Committee ’Appeals Against Assessment Procedure’; Higher Degrees Committee, RMIT (HDC Academic Leadership and Management Development Program. Completed; Acting Head Pharmaceutical Sciences Discipline, Acting Program Leader Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- B.Sc.(Hons) Zoology, University of London (1972)
- M.Sc. Comparative Neurosensory Physiology and Behaviour, University of Birmingham (1973)
- Ph.D. “Central Representation of Sensory Inputs in the Insect Nervous System“ Queen Mary College, University of London (1980)
- Guy, R.,Pisani, H.,Rich, P.,Leahy, C.,Mandarano, G.,Molyneux, T. (2015). Less is more: Development and evaluation of an interactive e-atlas to support anatomy learning In: Anatomical Sciences Education, 8, 126 - 132
- Guy, R.,Byrne, B.,Rich, P. (2014). Supporting physiology learning: The development of interactive concept-based video clips In: American Journal of Physiology - Advances in Physiology Education, 38, 96 - 98
- Rich, P.,Guy, R. (2012). A 'do-it yourself' interactive bone structure module: Development and evaluation of an online teaching resource In: Anatomical Sciences Education, Online, 1 - 7
- Guy, R. (2012). Overcoming misconceptions in neurophysiology learning: an approach using color-coded animations In: Advances in Physiology Education, 36, 226 - 228
Curriculum and Pedagogy, Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
1 PhD Completions