Areas of research and consulting expertise
- Network security
- Biometric authentication
- Digital medical data/information protection
- Ph.D, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia.
- Master, Control Theory and Applications, Harbin Institute of Technology, China.
- Bachelor, Automatic Control Engineering, Harbin Shipbuilding Engineering Institute, China.
- 2011.01- Lecturer, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT, Australia.
- 2009.01 – 2010.12, Australian Post- Doctoral Fellow, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT, Australia.
- 2004.12 – 2007.12, Research Fellow, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT, Australia.
I have been actively involved in a wide range of community activities which include:
- Chairman of Harbin institute of Technology alumni, Victoria branch.
- Seminar coordinator in Discipline of Distributed Systems and Networks, RMIT.
- Program Committee Member, International Conference on Intelligent Computing 2006.
- Guest Editor for International Journal of Information Technology (IJIT).
- Session Chair for ICIC 2005 and 2006, ISSCAA 2006.
- Reviewer for journals: IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Asian Journal of Control.
- Reviewer for international conferences: ICCCAS05, ICIC05, INDIN05, IJCNN06, ISCAS’06, ETFA09, IECON09 and ISMST, ICIEA 2011 etc.
- Herrmann, P.,Blech, J.,Han, F.,Schmidt, H. (2016). A model-based toolchain to verify spatial behavior of cyber-physical systems In: International Journal of Web Services Research, 13, 40 - 52
- Alkhathami, M.,Han, F.,van Schyndel, R. (2015). Fingerprint authentication enhancement using a combination of DWT and DCT In: Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2015), Auckland, New Zealand, 5 -17 June 2015
- Han, F.,van Schyndel, R.,Alkhathami, M. (2015). Watermarked biometrics In: Biometric security, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Premarathne, U.,Han, F.,Liu, H.,Khalil, I. (2015). Impact of privacy issues on user behavioural acceptance of personalized mHealth services In: Mobile Health: A Technology Road Map, Springer International Publishing, Cham; Heidelberg; New York; Dordrecht; London
- Xu, L.,Yu, X.,Feng, Y.,Han, F.,Hu, J.,Tari, Z. (2015). A fast terminal sliding mode observor for TCP/IP network anomaly traffic detection In: Proceedings of 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, Seville, Spain, 17-19 March 2015
- Feng, Y.,Han, F.,Yu, X. (2014). Chattering free full-order sliding-mode control In: Automatica, 50, 1310 - 1314
- Yang, X.,Han, F. (2014). Mobile fingerprint for identity authentication in mobile commerce applications In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia (MoMM 2014), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 8-10 December 2014
- Alkhathami, M.,Han, F.,van Schyndel, R. (2014). A mosaic approach to touchless fingerprint image with multiple views In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras (ISDSC 2014), Venice, Italy, 4-7 November 2014
- Sun, L.,Wang, Z.,Han, F.,Feng, Y. (2014). A chattering-free terminal sliding mode control of direct-drive PMSG for wind generation system In: Proceedings of the 4th Annual International Conference on Cyber Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems (CYBER 2014), Hong Kong, 4-7 June 2014
- Xu, Z.,Yu, X.,Tari, Z.,Han, F.,Feng, Y.,Hu, J. (2013). Top-k future system call prediction based multi-module anomaly detection system In: Proceedings of 2013 6th International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP 2013), Hangzhou, China, 16-18 December 2013
- A Theoretical Framework for Practical Partial Fingerprint Identification - Administered by UNSW. Funded by: ARC Linkage Projects via other University pre-2014 from (2012 to 2015)
- Developing smart embedded host-based intrusion detection systems. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grant 2010 Round 2 from (2010 to 2013)
- Developing a Digital Medical Images Protection Scheme in Mobile Computing Environment. Funded by: RMIT Emerging Researcher Grants from (2010 to 2010)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
2 PhD Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
Network security, biometric authentication and digital information protection, chaotic cryptography