Areas of research and consulting expertise
- Network security
- Biometric authentication
- Digital medical data/information protection
- Ph.D, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia.
- Master, Control Theory and Applications, Harbin Institute of Technology, China.
- Bachelor, Automatic Control Engineering, Harbin Shipbuilding Engineering Institute, China.
- 2011.01- Lecturer, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT, Australia.
- 2009.01 – 2010.12, Australian Post- Doctoral Fellow, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT, Australia.
- 2004.12 – 2007.12, Research Fellow, School of Computer Science and Information Technology, RMIT, Australia.
I have been actively involved in a wide range of community activities which include:
- Chairman of Harbin institute of Technology alumni, Victoria branch.
- Seminar coordinator in Discipline of Distributed Systems and Networks, RMIT.
- Program Committee Member, International Conference on Intelligent Computing 2006.
- Guest Editor for International Journal of Information Technology (IJIT).
- Session Chair for ICIC 2005 and 2006, ISSCAA 2006.
- Reviewer for journals: IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Asian Journal of Control.
- Reviewer for international conferences: ICCCAS05, ICIC05, INDIN05, IJCNN06, ISCAS’06, ETFA09, IECON09 and ISMST, ICIEA 2011 etc.
- Herrmann, P.,Blech, J.,Han, F.,Schmidt, H. (2016). A model-based toolchain to verify spatial behavior of cyber-physical systems In: International Journal of Web Services Research, 13, 40 - 52
- Yi, X.,Yang, X.,Feng, Y.,Han, F.,van Schyndel, R. (2016). CTM-sp: A family of cryptographic hash functions from chaotic tent maps In: Proceedings of the 21st Australasian Conference - Information Security and Privacy (ACISP 2016), Melbourne, Australia, 4-6 July 2016
- Xu, L.,Yu, X.,Feng, Y.,Han, F.,Hu, J.,Tari, Z. (2016). Comparative studies of router-based observation schemes for anomaly detection in TCP/UDP networks In: Proceedings of the ICCC International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT 2016), Taipei, Taiwan, 14-17 March 2016
- Feng, Y.,Cao, Z.,Shen, W.,Yu, X.,Han, F.,Chen, R.,Wu, J. (2016). Intelligent battery management for electric and hybrid electric vehicles: A Survey In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT 2016), Taipei, Taiwan, 14-17 March 2016
- Han, F.,Xu, L.,Yu, X.,Tari, Z.,Feng, Y.,Hu, J. (2016). Sliding-mode observers for real-time DDoS detection In: Proceedings of the IEEE 11th Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2016), Hefei, China, 5-7 June 2016
- Han, F.,Yu, X. (2016). Terminal sliding-mode control of induction motor speed servo systems In: Proceedings of the IEEE 14th International Workshop on Variable Structure Systems (VSS 2016), Nanjing, China, 1-4 June 2016
- Premarathne, U.,Han, F.,Liu, H.,Khalil, I. (2015). Impact of privacy issues on user behavioural acceptance of personalized mHealth services In: Mobile Health: A Technology Road Map, Springer International Publishing, Cham; Heidelberg; New York; Dordrecht; London
- Xu, L.,Yu, X.,Feng, Y.,Han, F.,Hu, J.,Tari, Z. (2015). A fast terminal sliding mode observor for TCP/IP network anomaly traffic detection In: Proceedings of 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, Seville, Spain, 17-19 March 2015
- Feng, Y.,Zheng, X.,Han, F. (2015). Full-order terminal sliding mode control for wind energy integration into power network In: Proceedings of the IEEE 10th Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2015), Auckland, New Zealand, 15-17 June 2015
- Qi, C.,Zhuang, Y.,Wang, Z.,Han, F. (2015). BRDF analysis of material with fractal rough surface In: Proceedings of the IEEE 10th Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA 2015), Auckland, New Zealand, 15-17 June 2015
- A Theoretical Framework for Practical Partial Fingerprint Identification - Administered by UNSW. Funded by: ARC Linkage Projects via other University pre-2014 from (2012 to 2015)
- Developing smart embedded host-based intrusion detection systems. Funded by: ARC Linkage Project Grant 2010 Round 2 from (2010 to 2013)
- Developing a Digital Medical Images Protection Scheme in Mobile Computing Environment. Funded by: RMIT Emerging Researcher Grants from (2010 to 2010)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
2 PhD Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
Network security, biometric authentication and digital information protection, chaotic cryptography