- Gender in business
- Regional trade
- Human resource management
- Business development services
- Social entrepreneurship.
- Currently engaged in research on social entrepreneurship incubator with Victoria State Library.
- Undertaking research on teaching and learning with a team of academics from Monash and QUT.
- 2003. A Synthesis Report on Gender in Business in Bangladesh – research funded by KATALYST-Swisscontact, Bangladesh.
- 2003. Business Consortium Model for SMEs in Bangladesh – research project funded by SEDF, Bangladesh.
- 2001. Gender Responsiveness of BDS for Micro and Small Enterprises in Bangladesh – study funded by Swisscontact and GTZ, Bangladesh.
- Ph.D. University of Stirling, UK
- 10 years of teaching and research experience in the discipline of management and entrepreneurship
- Taught entrepreneurship, creativity, management, business communication, multinational enterprise management, HRM, organisation behaviour in Universities in Bangladesh, UK and Australia.
- Author of 16 research-based articles.
- Accomplished consultant and manager with over 6 years of specialist experience and expertise in multi-donor funded private sector.
- A post-doctoral fellow of University of Edinburgh.
- Currently a lecturer and the Program Director, Bachelor of Business Entrepreneurship (BBE) Program at RMIT School of Management.
- January 2007 to date – Lecturer, School of Management, RMIT University.
- May 2009 to date - Program Director, Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship), School of Management, RMIT University.
- August-October 2005 - Associate Professor, Department of Management Studies, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Sept. 2001 to July 2005 - Assistant Professor, Department of Management Studies, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Jan. 1999 to Aug. 2001 - Assistant Professor, School of Business, Independent University, Bangladesh
- Feb-Jun 1998 – Sessional Academic, University of Stirling, United Kingdom.
- Apr 2003-Oct. 2005 - Consultant and Gender Advisor, Management Development and Training, SouthAsia Enterprise Development Facility (SEDF) - International Finance Corporation (IFC) managed facility of World Bank group
- April-Sept. 2003 – Gender Specialist, KATALYST, Bangladesh (The project is funded by Department for International Development, UK (DFID), Swiss Agency for Development and Co-operation (SDC), and Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA) and is managed by Swisscontact and German Agency for Technical Co-operation (GTZ) International services).
- Aug 2001-Mar 2003 - Deputy Program Manager and Gender Specialist, Business Development Services Program (BDSP), Bangladesh.
- International Council for Small Business (ICSB)
- Huq, A.,Gilbert, D. (2017). All the world's a stage: transforming entrepreneurship education through design thinking In: Education and Training, 59, 155 - 170
- Rametse, N.,Huq, A. (2015). Social influences on entrepreneurial aspirations of higher education students: Empirical evidence from the University of Botswana women students In: Small Enterprise Research, 22, 1 - 16
- Rametse, N.,Huq, A. (2014). Factors influencing attitudes of women students to business ownership: Lessons and experiences from the University of Botswana In: International Review of Business Research Papers, 10, 109 - 125
- Khalid, F.,Gilbert, D.,Huq, A. (2014). The way forward for business incubation process in ICT incubators in Malaysia In: International Journal of Business and Society, 15, 395 - 412
- Huq, A.,Gilbert, D. (2013). Enhancing graduate employability through work-based learning in social entrepreneurship In: Education and Training, 55, 550 - 572
- Rametse, N.,Huq, A. (2013). Women students' aspirations in starting their businesses in Botswana In: Proceedings of the 6th International Business and Social Sciences Research Conference, Dubai, UAE, 3 - 4 January, 2013
- Abdul Khalid, F.,Gilbert, D.,Huq, A. (2012). Investigating the underlying components in business incubation process in Malaysian ICT incubators In: Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 1, 88 - 102
- Moyeen, A.,Huq, A. (2012). Corporate social responsibility and sustainable development: a developing country study of business's attitude towards and perception of corporate social responsibility In: Proceedings of the 5th International Colloquium on Business and Management (ICBM), Bangkok, Thailand, 9-12 July 2012
- Huq, A. (2012). Influences of gender labelling of entrepreneurship on the entrepreneurial career aspirations of educated women in Bangladesh - A comparative study of employed women and housewives In: Journal of Business Diversity, 12, 54 - 66
- Huq, A. (2011). Supporting successful academic and social transition of first year students into higher education: a case study of entrepreneurship students at RMIT University In: The Asian Conference on Education, Official Conference Proceedings 2011, Osaka, Japan, October 27-30 2011
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
1 PhD Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions