- Management Accounting and Strategy
- Marketing and Accounting for Strategic positioning
- Organisational Reputation
- Accounting Education
Research Grants and Research Funding
- Investigating intensive learning in summer school format, Department of Employment Education and Training (National Priority Reserve Fund) 1989/90, $20,000
- Redesign of Management Accounting curriculum based upon principles for improving the quality of teaching and learning. School of Accounting and Law & the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Business, RMIT, 1993, $9600.
- The design of a postgraduate program in Accounting, Office of the Dean, Faculty of Business, RMIT, 2000, $5000.
- Factors influencing choice of professional accounting body. CPA Australia - Research Grant $7000, 2005.
Awards (Design and Other)
- Distinguished Teacher Award – RMIT, Faculty of Business July 2000.
- RMIT University, Distinguished Teacher nominee, July 2000.
- RMIT Business Portfolio – Nominee for a Carrick Citation for teaching 2008.
- Program Leader – Master of Professional Accounting.
- Teaching focus - Strategic Management Accounting, Cost Management, Marketing Accounting.
- Senior Lecturer – Cost and Management Accounting
- Postgraduate supervision of Master and Doctoral research.
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Master of Science (International Marketing)
- Master of Philosophy (Marketing)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Accountancy)
- Haque, S.,Deegan, C.,Inglis, R. (2016). Demand for, and impediments to, the disclosure of information about climate change-related corporate governance practices In: Accounting and Business Research, 46, 620 - 664
- Loh, C.,Deegan, C.,Inglis, R. (2015). The changing trends of corporate social and environmental disclosure within the Australian gambling industry In: Accounting and Finance, 55, 783 - 823
- Inglis, R.,Shelly, M.,Morley, C.,De Lange, P. (2011). A collective, undifferentiated accounting profession: an Australian study In: Accounting and Finance, 51, 711 - 731
- Haque, S.,Deegan, C.,Inglis, R. (2011). Climate change-related corporate governance information: An explanation of the difference between the supply of and demand for such information In: Proceedings of the 2011 Accounting & Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference, Darwin, Australia, 2-5 July, 2011
- Loh, C.,Deegan, C.,Inglis, R. (2011). The changing trends of corporate social and environmental disclosure within the Australian gambling industry In: Proceedings of the 2011 Accounting & Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference, Darwin, Australia, 2-5 July, 2011
- Terzioglu, B.,Inglis, R. (2011). Transfer pricing in Australian service organisations In: Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Journal, 6, 85 - 106
- Haque, S.,Deegan, C.,Inglis, R. (2010). Towards the development of a best practice guide for the disclosure of organisation climate change-related corporate governance practices In: Proceedings of the 2010 Accounting & Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference, Christchurch, New Zealand, 04/07/10 to 06/07/10
- Inglis, R.,Clift, R. (2008). Market-orientated accounting: Information for product-level decisions In: Managerial Auditing Journal, 23, 225 - 239
- Inglis, R. (2008). Exploring accounting and market orientation: An interfunctional case study In: Journal of Marketing Management, 24, 687 - 710
- Inglis, R.,Shelly, M.,De Lange, P.,Morley, C. (2008). Factors influencing the choice of professional affiliation with accounting bodies: an investigation from students in Australia and Southeast Asia In: Proceedings of 2008 Critical Perspectives on Accounting, New York City, USA, 24 - 25 April 2008
- Retention practises in the Construction Industry - impact on contracting SME's. Funded by: Enterprise Connnect - Researchers in Business 2014 from (2014 to 2014)
- Management and Accounting Education, an Asian Pacific Focus. Funded by: CPA Australia Grant 2015 from (2001 to 2001)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
4 PhD Completions and 2 Masters by Research Completions7 PhD Current Supervisions
Management accounting and strategy.