- Sustainability reporting and disclosure
- Biodiversity reporting
- International Financial Reporting Standards
I am an active researcher with a growing research output profile that includes refereed journal publications, refereed conference proceedings and grants. I have also been involved in the review process of conference papers and international journal articles.
- Career sales milestone, Cutco Australia, 1998
- National Sales Champion, Cutco Australia 1999
- Victoria University Doctoral Scholarship 2001-2006
- Certificate of Appreciation as Reviewer Intellect base Consortium 2009
- Certificate for Academic Excellence Intellect base Consortium, Sydney Australia, 2011.
- Khan, Robertson, Kend and Stevenson-Clarke 2014: Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand ( AFAANZ) $2,500 “Accounting students’ use of Facebook” In progress.
- 2008: RMIT School of accounting research grant $2,500 ‘‘Teaching corporate social responsibility reporting: an Australian, U.K. and U.S. comparison.” This project was led successfully with the involvement of two research assistants. It resulted in two academic journal publications on sustainability education. The findings were also used to improve sustainability education offered as embedded in the accounting ethics course at the University.
Introductory, intermediate and advanced Financial, Management Accounting, Business Ethics, Corporate Governance and Auditing. I believe in student engagement and learning that goes beyond a fixed structure that is driven by passion and a drive for attaining knowledge. I use multiple teaching techniques for materials delivery in the class room and I aim for a multi-factor experience for knowledge attainment that goes beyond traditional mediums of education.
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning, RMIT, 2009.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Victoria University, 2007.
- Master of Business (Accounting), Victoria University, 2000
- Bachelor of Commerce, Melbourne University, 1997
- Thirteen years in accounting education,
- Three years in Sales & Marketing, accounting and budgeting,
- Management of large teams of sales and academic professionals,
- Sustainability reports’ preparation
- Research in global sustainability reporting, practice, frameworks, disclosure, corporate governance, biodiversity, sociology, education and eco- agriculture
- I have been a member of the CPA for ten years,
- I have been a member of XBRL Australia
- I am a member of the Executive Editorial Board Intellectbase International Consortium U.S.A
- I am a member of the European Accounting Association
- Associate Editor of International Review of Business Research
Management and Leadership
I have effectively managed sales and marketing teams, as well as academic teams as a sales manager, course coordinator, research projects leader, course developer, and an education facilitator, I have undertaken detailed research in corporate governance including in the area of reporting and disclosure on corporation’s audit committees.
- Khan, T. (2016). Feminism, environmental economics, and accountability In: Handbook of Environmental and Sustainable Finance, Elsevier, London, United Kingdom
- Khan, T.,Gray, R. (2016). Accounting, identity, autopoiesis+ sustainability: A comment, development and expansion on Lawrence, Botes, Collins and Roper (2013) In: Meditari Accountancy Research, 24, 36 - 55
- Khan, T. (2014). Kalimantan's biodiversity: Developing accounting models to prevent its economic destruction In: Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, 27, 150 - 182
- Khan, T. (2014). Sustainability, ethics and education: What's accounting got to do with it? In: Handbook of Research on Pedagogical Innovations for Sustainable Development, Information Science Reference, Hershey PA, United States
- Khan, T. (2013). Sustainability accounting courses, Talloires Declaration and academic research In: International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 14, 42 - 55
- Khan, T. (2012). Autopoiesis and sustainability accounting information systems In: Proceedings of the 2012 International Symposium on Accounting Information Systems (ISAIS), Melbourne, Australia, 28-29 June 2012
- Khan, T.,Gray, R. (2012). Revisiting autopoiesis: A research note and another narrative on accounting and sustainability In: Proceedings of the11th Australasian Conference on Social and Environmental Accounting Research (A-CSEAR), Wollongong, Australia, 2-4 December 2012
- Khan, T. (2012). Global Reporting Initiative reporting and disclosure: a necessity for governments in developing countries In: The Australian GRI Conference on Sustainability and Intergrated Reporting, 26 to 28 March 2012 at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre,Victoria, Australia Melbourne, Australia
- Taylor, D.,Tharapos, M.,Khan, T.,Sidaway, S. (2011). Downward accountability for Victoria's 'Black Saturday' bushfire recovery: Evidence from reports of government and NGOs In: 2011 AFAANZ Conference, Darwin, Australia, 3-5 July 2011
- Khan, T. (2011). Investors' and consumers' understandings of business sustainability and implications In: Intellectbase Academic Conference, Sydney, Australia, 24-26 November 2011
- The influence of social media use on first year accounting students' engagment and academic performance. Funded by: Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Research 2014 from (2014 to 2015)
2 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions