Jessica Noske-Turner is a Postdoctoral Researcher at RMIT University with research interests in media assistance and communication for development, and appropriate evaluation approaches for programs of this type.
Jessica’s research has explored media assistance programs in Cambodia. She is currently collaborating on an ARC funded research project entitled Evaluating Communication for Development: supporting adaptive and accountable development. This project, whichbegan in September 2014, is a partnership with UNICEF. It aims to explore options for alternative monitoring and evaluation within UNICEF, and assess their effectiveness, beginning with a focus on communication for development activities in Vietnam, India and Kenya. Jessica also contributes to a second ARC funded project, Mobilsing Media for Sustainable Outcomes in the Pacific Region. Partnering with ABC International Development and focusing on the Pacific Media Assistance (PACMAS) project, this research explores the challenges of design and evaluation of small-scale media, communication and development projects in the Pacific Region.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Journalism), Queensland University of Technology, 2014
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) (Media), RMIT University, 2008
- Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication), RMIT University, 2007
- Noske-Turner, J.,Tacchi, J. (2016). Grounding innovation in pacific media, communication for development projects In: Information Technologies and International Development, 12, 59 - 69
- Papoutsaki, E.,Thomas, V.,Horst, H.,Tacchi, J.,Noske-Turner, J.,Eggins, J. (2016). A review of the pacific media landscape: A baseline study In: Asia Pacific Media Educator, 26, 1 - 18
- Noske-Turner, J. (2015). 10 years of evaluation practice in media assistance: Who, when, why and how? In: NORDICOM Review: Nordic research on media and communication, 36, 41 - 56
- Noske-Turner, J.,Tacchi, J.,Horst, H.,Papoutsaki, E. (2014). Locating disaster communication in changing communicative ecologies across the Pacific In: Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy, 2, 1 - 16
- Noske-Turner, J. (2014). Evaluating the impacts of media assistance: Problems and principles In: Global Media Journal, 4, 1 - 21
- Noske-Turner, J. (2012). Making one blood: A journey through participatory radio documentary production In: Journal of Media Practice, 13, 177 - 187