- Biomedical Electronics
- Bio-signals (EMG, ECG, EEG) processing
- Microelectronics for health and human computer interface applications
- Prosthetic/Robotic hand Control
- Muscle fatigue, Neuro-muscular activity and modelling
- Age related neuromuscular changes
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Industry project (ongoing) - “Automated system for Finger and thumb control for Hand Amputees – towards intelligent prosthetic hand“ - Funded by Touch Bionics Ltd., UK.
- Age related changes in neuromuscular activity
- Analysis of Muscle fatigue
- Human computer interface for disabled
Awards, fellowships and scholarships
- Australia-India Early Career research fellowships to work with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India on developing improved control of assistive technologies.
- CASS foundation Early Career Researcher (ECR) grant in 2012
- Best paper awards in International Conferences, 2012 (IHCI 2012, India) 2006 (E-society, Ireland) and 2007 (ICEIS, France).
- CASS foundation Early Career Researcher (ECR) grant in 2010
- RMIT SECE Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2006-2008.
- IEEE Postgraduate Travel award.
- German State Scholarship for 6 month research placement at BA-University of Co-operative Education, Stuttgart, Germany in 2006.
- Post graduate Travel award to attend Vision in Human Computer Interface (VisHCI) conference in 2006.
2009 – Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D., Electronics and Biomedical), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Member of professional associations
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Life Member, Indian Society for Technical Education
- Siddiqi, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2016). Effect of toe extension on EMG of triceps surae muscles during isometric dorsiflexion In: Biomedical Engineering / Biomedizinische Technik, , 1 - 4
- Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D.,Panigrahi, B. (2016). Recognition of finger/hand grip mechanism by computing S-transform features of surface electromyogram signal from healthy and amputee In: Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, 16, 1 - 11
- Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2016). Fractals and Electromyograms In: The Fractual Geometry of the Brain, Springer, New York, United States
- Unnikrishnan, P.,Kumar, D.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, H.,Mitchell, P.,Kawasaki, R. (2016). Development of health parameter model for risk prediction of CVD using SVM In: Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, 2016, 1 - 7
- Siddiqi, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2016). Difference in age-related changes in surface electromyogram of tibialis anterior and triceps surae In: Biomedical Physics and Engineering Express, 2, 1 - 8
- Siddiqi, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2016). Age-associated changes in the spectral and statistical parameters of surface electromyogram of tibialis anterior In: BioMed Research International, 2016, 1 - 6
- Nazarzadeh, K.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D.,Das, D. (2016). Non-invasive detection of the freezing of gait in Parkinson's disease using spectral and wavelet features In: Proceedings of the IEEE 38th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2016), Orlando, Florida, United States, 16-20 August 2016
- Siddiqi, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2016). Age related neuromuscular changes in sEMG of m. Tibialis Anterior using higher order statistics (Gaussianity and linearity test) In: Proceedings of the IEEE 38th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2016), Orlando, Florida, United States, 16-20 August 2016
- Bingham, A.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Kumar, D. (2016). Estimating the progression of muscle fatigue based on dependence between motor units using high density surface electromyogram In: Proceedings of the IEEE 38th Annual International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2016), Orlando, Florida, United States, 16-20 August 2016
- Kumar, D.,Poosapadi Arjunan, S.,Aliahmad, B. (2016). Fractals: Applications in Biological Signalling and Image Processing, CRC Press, Unites States
- Towards identification of early symptoms of progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) for better treatment and management. Funded by: The CASS Foundation Science and Medicine Grants 2016 from (2017 to 2017)
- Real-time Spectroscopic system for contaminant detection in red meat. Funded by: Australian Meat Processor Corporation (AMPC) and Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) Joint Food Safety Program Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2018)
- CASS Foundation Travel Grant (2016) to present 3 papers in the 38th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society.. Funded by: The CASS Foundation Travel Grant 2016 Round 1 from (2016 to 2016)
- Hyperspectral imaging of cutaneous wounds - pilot (2.15 + 2.15B). Funded by: Wound Management Innovation CRC Contract from (2015 to 2015)
- Cutaneous wound characterisation using hyperspectral imaging. Funded by: Defence Science Institute Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
1 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions
Bio-signal processing, Biomedical engineering, muscle control, surface Electromyography, Muscle activity based Prosthetic hand control, Human computer interface, fatigue, age-related neuromuscular activity